PDA

View Full Version : Hanna By the Sea Dress and Capri Set - Pics...

lctippins
01-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Here are a few pics showing the set from the front, side, and back. This set is an 80. DD is just about 20 months old, and is approx 34" tall and 23 lbs - tall and skinny. The capris are big in the waist, but I'm hoping that time and a few washings will fix that. the dress fits well with a bit of room for growth. This set is even cuter IRL than in the catalog. The capris feel much like other HA cotton knit pants, but the dress has a softer, brushed feel to it. I was worried that this might be too "babyish" for DD since she'll be 2 when she wears it, but seeing it on her changed my mind. I love, love, love it!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20813.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20814.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20815.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20816.jpg

Lisa - Mom to Kendall, 6/6/03

papal
01-30-2005, 06:56 PM
TOOO CUTE!!! Love love love it!!!! And Kendall is looking SO adorable in it.. I don't think it is too babyish at all!

Lisa, I totally have first dibs on it if you ever decide to sell it! :)

khakismom
01-30-2005, 07:24 PM
It fits her perfectly! She looks so cute, that outfit is adorable--I can't wait till I get mine! :)

zuzu
01-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Kendall looks so adorable in that! It's currently on my buy-even-if-we-don't-get-a-code list. Sarah will be two this summer as well, so I was curious, but after seeing Kendall in it, I don't think it looks too babyish at all. :) Thanks for sharing.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

urbanmama
01-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Oh, Kendall is so cute!! And she looks great in her new Hannas!

DH already vetoed that outfit because he said it was too babyish, but I might have to try to get him to reconsider or veto his veto :).

I was planning to order 90s for this summer, but looking at Kendell I'm thinking that might be a huge mistake. Ella Paige is currently 22 lbs. and 32 inches so I think that 80s might work better. Hmmm....

Andrea S
01-30-2005, 08:51 PM
She looks adorable--not babyish at all.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

annabellesmom
01-30-2005, 08:53 PM
That settles it, I have to get this outfit. I'm pretty sure now that Annabelle at 19lbs and 28in will be good with the size 70. Thanks for posting the pictures.

dules
01-30-2005, 08:56 PM
I love it Lisa! Mine shipped at the end of last week and I have been impatiently waiting for it!

Is the back of the applique rough like on last year's froggie tee? That's my only worry.

Thanks for sharing - and fueling my fire, lol!

Best,
Mary

khakismom
01-30-2005, 09:31 PM
I'm wondering the same thing about the size too! I ordered this in a 90 and mine should be here in a few days. I hope it's not huge, because Ellen's measurements are very similar to Kendall's--35" tall, but 27 lbs.

And you definitely need to get it for Ella Paige. :)

Buffys Mommy
01-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Kendall looks so cute in that outfit. Thank you for posting it. It is definitely on my must have list for Sarah. I'm trying to be strong and hold out for a code though...

Tammie
Momma to Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] 15 months and counting

stewmom
01-30-2005, 11:34 PM
That is honestly the cutest casual outfit I've seen in ages! That and the reversable sweater with the beach pants are just great summer clothes. Makes me almost wish I had a girl to dress! Kendall is pretty darned adorable too. ;-)

Sam (mom to Stewart 8-15-03)

Vajrastorm
01-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Aaaaaah she is adorable! I LOVE it!

cinrein
01-31-2005, 06:34 AM
Kendall is a dollie baby! So cute.:)

Thank you so much for posting these. Grandma got this outfit for Anna for her 2nd birthday and I too was worried it would be too babyish for summer. It doesn't look babyish at all. What a great summer outfit.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

ktdid74
01-31-2005, 08:28 AM
I love it! I'm glad to see it on a real baby cause I thought it was a shorts set, not capri pants! Guess I don't take the time to read through descriptions. She looks so sweet in it! Thanks for posting these pics :)

ainwonderland
01-31-2005, 09:03 AM
Very cute!

Like the other poster I thought they were going to be more bike pant/short length as well.

Shoot I'm even considering this for Macey that will be 3 in August, we'll see.

On a side note -- I had to laugh when I see Kendall has the same fascination with the mail from the FPL&LH! Both of my kids are fascinated with those three little squares of plastic too :-) Oh and we have that Gerber orbital teether too ! (although not a favorite compared to the Discovery toys vanilla one)

Have a great day!

Kimberly H
01-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Dang it, Lisa! Now I'm going to have to finally give in to Hannas. Mia NEEDS this outfit! ;)

Kendall looks sooo cute!

lrucci
01-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh, Kendall looks so cute in that outfit. I don't think it looks babyish at all. It does look adorable and comfortable though.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

parkersmama
01-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Oh, how darling! She looks so great in those colors! I love the outfit on her. Thanks for sharing pics.

Little Ladybug
01-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Oh, wow - That is just too precious! What a sweet outfit. If I had a girl, I would be ALL OVER that, code or no code. It's even cuter on Kendall than it is on the child in the catalog. Great purchase!

lctippins
01-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Girl, you know I'll be selling this at some point... probably this time next year. Keep an eye out for it on Swap!

I'm loving the pics of your DD. She's such a sweetie pie!

Lisa - Mom to Kendall 6/6/03

lctippins
01-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Marie, I think 80s would work well for EP, but of course it depends on how you like things to fit and how long you want her to wear this. I know some people are able to wear Hanna clothes for two consecutive summers (or whatever season), but I just shoot for beginning to end of one season.

Maureen, I think you're right to order 90s for Ellen. She's a bit taller and heavier than Kendall, so she might outgrow 80s early in the season.

It's so tough when they're between sizes! Seems like Kendall was a "75" forever before she finally stopped swimming in 80s.

AvasMama
01-31-2005, 06:57 PM
LOL -- Ava loves the L&L Home mail also. She checks it obsessively all day to see if I've put anything in the mailbox (I often slip Little People animals in there) and likes to "deliver" the letters to me and DH.

Robyn & Ava

lctippins
01-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi, Mary. I didn't have the froggie tee so I can't really compare the two, but the back of the applique on the dress does not feel rough to me. It is sewn on all the way around and does not have the white backing on the inside. (I'm sure there are technical terms for these things, but I no nothing about sewing, lol!)

lctippins
01-31-2005, 07:06 PM
What is it with kids and mail? Kendall loves all things associated with mail and mailboxes... our actual mailbox, "Mail Time" on Blues Clues, the letters in her FPL&LH, etc.

Tell me about this Discovery Toys vanilla teether. Sounds very interesting!

lctippins
01-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Lol! Yes, I agree... Mia does need this outfit. It would look adorable on her!

lctippins
01-31-2005, 07:10 PM
You are too kind. Of course *I* thought Kendall looked adorable in the outfit, but it's so nice to know that all of you think so too!

For anyone considering this set, I say GET IT!

dules
01-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks Lisa, mine arrived today and it's so cute! Did not have a chance to try it on Sophie but I'm thrilled that it's so soft on the inside too. The froggy tee had sort of a "rough patch" feel to it (like what a Girl Scout patch feels like on the back, if you know what I mean? I'm not a sewer either, LOL!).

Thanks again!

Best,
Mary

ILoveLT
01-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Lisa:

We have the same toys! We have the teething thing and the house too. Kendall looks great!

Rita

ainwonderland
02-01-2005, 07:22 AM
The Discovery Toys Super Yummy Teether is well just that!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20865.jpg

Actually, it's an overpriced piece of plastic that kids seem to love chewing on. My girlfriends had them for their babies awhile back and they LOVED them -- otherwise I wouldn't have considered it for the price ($8.99 plus tax and shipping...so around $11 or $12 for a teether!) But having said that, Max loves it. It is vanilla scented/flavored? and I think that's what makes it more "yummy" than other plastic teethers. The problem is you have to go to a DT party or find a "rep" to buy them the conventional way.

http://www.discoverytoysinc.com/toys1e.htm the teether is in the bottom of the page

I see them from time to time "new in package" bag on ebay -- probably easier to obtain it that way if you were interested.

Vajrastorm
02-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Don't say that!

Must ... resist .... urge to buy more baby clothes. :D

I really do love that outfit.

LoveMyBabyBeans
02-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Kendall does NOT look too babyish in her By the Sea set. It looks great on her!!!

I have to agree about the sizing though. I ordered a 70, which I knew would be a little bit big on Andie now, but it's WAY too big. Now, I'm quickly learning that Andie is a bean pole and she's following in her brothers' (both of them) footsteps and has seemed to slow at growing (she's still under 15 lbs at 7.5 months), but I guess she's going to be a Hanna 60's kind of girl for a while yet.

I had ordered our BTS set as an exchange, so I was pleasantly surprised to get it yesterday, but I couldn't even take pics to share because the pants would not stay on her. So I am sending it back for a size 60. It is SO cute though!!! I can't wait to get the right size back.