PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else do this? pass up a Gymbo/Hanna/etc. line?

steph2003
01-31-2005, 12:55 PM
and then decide later you do like it only to try to scrounge around for it on Ebay & have to pay much more then retail????

I passed on so many Gymbo boy's layette lines the past year because I didn't *love* anything. Well now spring is around the corner & I haven't been impressed with the boy's offerings thus far - same old story lots of cute girls things but boys are limited. I need some casual/everyday things for DS. I don't seem to have a problem finding dressy smocked items for him :)

Vintage Airplane layette line comes to mind as well as Dog Park. Now I look on Ebay & the auctions are SO inflated for some of these lines. But of course I've decided I like them & want them for this spring because right now nothing else is really grabbing me for boy's stuff!

I've got to come up with a new clothing strategy!

khakismom
01-31-2005, 01:10 PM
Steph, I have done that so many times. Usually at Hanna. :) You are so not alone in this!

AvasMama
01-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Yes! And I need to get over it! I did this with Gymbo's Candy Apple and Sunshine Daydreams lines last year and with several J&J lines. I usually luck out and get the pieces I want at discounted prices, but it would be much smarter to have bought them from the store in the first place!

Are you a member of Gymborebel? It's a great place to find Gymbo and sometimes even Hanna and J&J. You can just post an ISO and people will let you know if they have the items and how much they want for them. It's usually much cheaper than eBay and less of a hassle :)

ETA: Never mind, I didn't pay attention to who was asking! Of course you know all about GR ;)

Robyn & Ava