PDA

View Full Version : Boys' Clothing Fashion Show (Gymbo, LL Bean, and Zutano)

slknight
01-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Seems like the girls outnumber the boys here in Reality Layette, so here's my contribution in showing off some boys' clothes.

I love this LL Bean sweater on DS. And it was a great deal for only $18. Size: 2T

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20836.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20837.jpg

What do you all think of this Zutano top? The sleeves are a bit long, but I'm sure it will shrink. I'm not sure I would pair it with the matching bottoms - maybe some striped pants. I think it's adorable, but I'm not sure if it really "does" anything for him or not. Opinions?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20838.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20839.jpg

Absolutely LOVE the Gymbo swim trunks and matching tee in 2T. DH is a big fan too. I don't know why Gymbo can't make a whole boys' line like this (not just swimwear) since I think it would be a lot better than their usual orange and olive green offerings. I hope DS gets a little taller before summer since right now the trunks are really long.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20840.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20841.jpg

Thanks for looking!

khakismom
01-31-2005, 09:51 PM
Can I take him home? He would fit right in with the curly girlies...

He is just the cutest thing--I just want to squeeze him!! Ok, now I *really* want a little boy!! And I just love his sweet hair--what a doll!

Ok, enough gushing... The clothes are adorable and you *must* keep that Zutano shirt. The doggy is the cutest thing ever and such a unique shirt. I love it on Alex! Everything is just perfect, a total steal on that sweater for $18. And he will be the most stylin' kid at the pool this summer in his trunk and matching shirt.

I'm always up for a little boys' fashion show! :)

jubilee
02-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Alex is quite a cutie! Love the blond curls! :) I love the sweater, but I'm not sure about the brown shirt on him. I don't know if brown is his color... but it sure is a cute shirt! And I agree- more boy's fashion shows!!

Joshuasmommy
02-01-2005, 07:13 AM
He is a doll and I am loving his hair. My ds has such stick straight hair.
I love that Gymbo outfit on him. Even if he doesn't grow I think the swim shorts look cute a little long. :)
I like the brown shirt but not with brown pants. I think it is just too much brown but I bet it would look adorable with a different color or even just some jeans.

Judegirl
02-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Susan,

What a sweetie! I think Alex looks FANTASTIC in the brown set, and I think it's a great color on him.

Jude

zuzu
02-01-2005, 08:41 AM
I love seeing pictures of the boys, and Alex is such a cutie! That L.L.Bean sweater looks great on him. I like the doggie top, but agree that it would look better with other bottoms, maybe even jeans or khakis. Wish we could see him hanging out at our pool this summer. . .

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/30)

bluej
02-01-2005, 12:09 PM
I just want to eat up Alex's cute little curls! So sweet!

I LOVE that Zutano top! I've been eyeing the Lion one! The sherpa line doesn't shrink that much (seems to be sized quite a bit bigger than the basics line). I used to have the striped pants that match the one ear. They are very cute and I think they would look great with the top!

Thanks for the fashion show!

mgrynsztejn
02-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah! Love having boys pictures in the Reality Layette, as I have a three month old DS. Your son is absolutely adorable. I love those curls. I will have to agree with one of the PP. Though the Zutano sweater is really cute, I don't think that brown is the right color on him.

ktdid74
02-01-2005, 01:46 PM
He's adorable, Susan! I don't remember him having those curls when we got together. I really like the Beans sweater and everything looks great on him! Keep those pics coming :)

SAHMommie
02-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Can I join the boys fashion show??

Here is Ethan's debute in Reality Layette:

Zutano

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20882.jpg

Le Top Spring 2005

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20885.jpg

Gymbo

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20884.jpg

I am not sure how long the Le Top romper is going to fit him. He is so long in the stride. Sorry that pic is a little blurred. He was one the move :)

SAHMommie

LoveMyBabyBeans
02-01-2005, 04:46 PM
First, your DS is beautiful!!! LOL, it looks like you had to chase him around the house while he was doing his own thing to get those photos. What a little sweetheart.

And I love all of those outfits. The Zutano one is very cool. I keep smacking myself for not looking at Zutano more. They have the most unique stuff. And that first sweater is great on him.

Thanks for sharing some cute boy clothes. The boys do tend to get a little overshadowed by the girls here, so it's fun to see some more boys.

babymama
02-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Congrats on you DS's debut!
He looks great! I especially love the Zutano.
Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

babymama
02-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing. I don't think I've ever posted fashion pics of Santiago. I'll have to do that soon!

BTW - I LOVE the doggie sweater. Maybe with a light blue collared shirt underneath?

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

lrucci
02-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Oh, what a sweetie he is. Another babe with curls too! Even though I'm not a fan of brown clothing, the sweater is adorable. I just love the dog, so my vote is for you to keep it.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

jk3
02-02-2005, 07:31 AM
What a cutie! He looks adorable in all of the outfits. I especially like the Zutano sweater. Where did you find it? Thanks for sharing!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

slknight
02-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Ah, thanks for the compliments. I have always thought he would fit right in with your girls due to the hair. I wish I had the same curls. :-)

slknight
02-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks, Julie. I'm not too sure about brown shirts in general, but I couldn't pass it up because of the dog. :-)

slknight
02-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks, Melissa. Isn't that Gymbo outfit cute? I'm still not sure why they can't make an entire line like that. Even DH likes it (and he doesn't usually care one way or the other).

slknight
02-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks, Jude. I love your latest pictures of Riordan. She's got great curly hair too.

slknight
02-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks, Melissa. I wish we could hang out at the pool with you too. We don't have an outside pool here, it's too cold. Can we come visit? ;-)

slknight
02-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Jen, is the Lion top pinkish/red? If so, it is adorable! They have it at the store where I bought the dog top. Good to know that the sherpa doesn't shrink too much. It definitely seems to be bigger than the basics line because Alex has an 18-24 basics shirt that is too small. I do think I'm going to get the matching stripe pants. Thanks!

slknight
02-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks for looking. Can't wait to see pictures of your DS. :-)

slknight
02-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh, Ethan is absolutely adorable! I love all the outfits. I think he deserves his own thread. :-)

Phoebe
02-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Both Ethan and Alex look so cute in their outfits. I'm a big fan of both Zutano and Le Top. In fact, I saw some new Le Top for Spring in the local boutique and it's just precious.

Susan, I'd keep the Zutano outfit. It's very sweet and different. I'm a mom of a curly boy too - don't you just love it?

Mary
Daisy 3
Owen 18 months

a.k.a. Phoebe :)

slknight
02-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks, Katie. I just looked at pics from our get-together, and you're right, his hair wasn't curly then. I think it's because it was a lot shorter. It gets curly when it gets too long, but I can't stand to cut it!

SAHMommie
02-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks everyone. I am glad we found this board. I am obsessed with buying him cute clothes and now I have somewhere to chat about it :)

SAHMommie

slknight
02-02-2005, 11:25 AM
LOL. I was definitely chasing him all over the place! He doesn't mind putting the clothes on, but he will NOT hold still for a picture.

I love Zutano stuff. You should take a look. I think that some of their basics stuff is very similar to Hanna. I just wish it went bigger than 18-24. (Some of their stuff does, but not the basics line).

slknight
02-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks, Lydia. I would love to see some pictures of Santiago. :-)

slknight
02-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks for looking, Lisa. I think I'm going to keep the dog top.

slknight
02-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Jenn, I got the Zutano top at a small boutique down the street from me. It just opened up in December, and already I have the owner calling me when some cute stuff comes in. Uh-oh.:P

ktdid74
02-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Oooo, what kind of stuff does the boutique carry? Maybe I need to make a little trip south :) I don't have any Zutano stuff but it always looks so nice and soft. I love finding new places to shop!

mollyi
02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
I am loving this thread with pictures of boys in it!!! :)

I think both Alex and all of his outfits are very, very cute. I personally love the Zutano dog outfit and would keep it - it is a bit unique and totally adorable! Maybe I will have to try to find that outfit for Ben..... :)

mollyi
02-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Ethan is such a cutie - and I love his clothes!! I have eyeing the Zutano monkey print stuff for Ben. And - I saw that Le Top outfit somewhere online and LOVED it. I am waiting for the local boutique to get their Spring Le Top in - I hope they have it, otherwise I will have to figure out where I saw it online!

If you don't mind me asking....about how big is Ethan and what size are his Zutano and Le Top outfits? I am alittle confused about what size to order for Ben. He is 16 lbs. 5 oz. and alittle over 26 inches - and he seems to have a long torso. I have heard that Zutano runs small and you should size up - and I am thinking that in general I will buy Ben's summer clothing in a 12-18 months - so I guess that would mean 18-24 in Zutano but that sounds so big! And I was thinking an 18 month in Le Top - at least for a one-piece outfit - according to a Le Top size chart I found, the height range for size 18 months is 27-30 inches, which I would think is where Ben will be this summer.

writeleigh
02-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Adorable photos and clothing. I love seeing boy's stuff. I really like the doggie outfit.

SAHMommie
02-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks. Ethan is a big boy. He is 29 lbs and about 31 inches (14mos old). The Le Top and Zutano outfits are both 24 months. I am buying him some 24m and some 2T for spring/summer. I think you will be fine with 18 month Zutano as long as you stay away from the 1pc outfits. Size up if you go with one of those. They run short in the stride.

I totally got lucky on the Le Top outfit. One of the shops around here had a 50% off sale and a few of their new spring peices came in before they ended the sale. How's that for a deal.. 50% off the brand new upcoming season's merchandise?!

SAHMommie

jk3
02-02-2005, 07:15 PM
That's great! It's hard to find cute items so that should help. The only Zutano in our local boutique consists of the print shirts, pants + rompers. I've never seen a sweater before. Too cute - especially on your adorable little one!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Little Ladybug
02-02-2005, 07:52 PM
What cutie pies!!! It's so nice to have a boys' fashion show. We have some Le Top, but I never think of Zutano. I think we're going to have to check it out. :)

mysweetboy
02-02-2005, 10:10 PM
He's adorable, Susan. I love seeing pics of boys...gives me ideas of other places to look for clothes!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 8 months old!

heidi_timms
02-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Cuto pics ladies. I love the little blond curls and the Zutano is so adorable!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03