PDA

View Full Version : first shoes

cindyhmsw
02-01-2005, 08:41 AM
hello all...my DD is 14 months and finally walking so i guess it is time to buy walking shoes. i want something inexpensive, but comfortable and appropriate. an issue i am running into is my DD is only wearing a size 2. i found some at payless, but am not sure of the quality so if anyone has used payless walking shoes let me know what you think. any other suggestions on shoes would be greatly appreciated! thanks and have a great day! cindy

heidi_timms
02-01-2005, 02:19 PM
I know that Striderite makes it's first walking shoes in a size 2. Do you have an outlet near you? The prices are much better there! Plus, usually you can get a 1/2 size bigger so you can use the Striderites longer. I think the rule of thumb is 1 finger width of growing room. I would definitely get a good walking shoe that is flexible. Also, you might want to try Preschoolians.com.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

AdoptChina
02-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I agree with the Stride Rite outlet....or you could go online at Shoebuy.com and use code GIFT for $10 off.

sadie427
02-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Target's "first walker" shoes are made by stride rite; they're the ones in the bins at the end of the rows rather than on the shelves. I'm not sure where they start, but I do think it's size two. You do have to fit them yourself, but I think that's the case at Payless too and the Target ones are much better quality IMO (much more flexible soles.) I think they're around 12-$15, they may even be on sale now. I've found some of the other Target shoes to be pretty good too (the "genuine kids" ones especially), and some of them to be too stiff.

sdjeppa
02-01-2005, 04:33 PM
I bought some at Payless, the basic white ones, when my son was just starting to walk and I knew he wouldn't use them much. I really liked them - they were extremely flexible, light, and fit him well. I will probably go back there, too. For the price, I was really happy with the shoes, and they outgrow them so fast. A lot of their shoes are really flexible.

Jenny, Mommy to Zachary 9-27-03