PDA

View Full Version : First Baby shoes - Preschoolians vs Bobux vs Robeez

ILV
02-02-2005, 09:38 AM
I am looking to by the very first pair of shoes for my 6 month old little girl. Originally, I was looking on Robeez and Bobux, but, while searching the web, I stumbled on this website, http://preschoolians.com/. They claim that their shoes are better, or at least comparable and have a special offer, I believe, for the first pair, $18.50 (including shipping and tax). The price sounds great, but I've never heard of them before. Please respond if you have any experience with this brand. Also, should I get the ones wit suede sole or with rubber sole? My baby does not walk yet, but she loves standing up when supported.

Thanks a lot,

Irena

HHCs Mom
02-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Welcome! I can tell that you are new to Reality Layette! ;) Otherwise, you'd know all about Preschoolians and how many of the moms here *rave* about them! This board is how I found out about them, too. We have a pair of the Preschoolians Look Who's Crawling and like them. They are still a little big for DS, so he's only really worn them once and it was on Monday. The quality is great and he seems to like them on his feet. He also has a pair of Robeez which he wears more often since they are a little more casual than the Preschoolians I bought. I have been happy with both pairs of shoes, so I would say to go with whichever brand suits your style best.

For the Preschoolians, I would get the suede sole shoes since your DD will not be walking or standing outside. They will be better for her to crawl/stand in since she'll still be able to feel the floor under her feet. I just checked the website and it looks like they've changed the Look Who's Crawling name to "Cover My Foot". Some of them look like Robeez-style shoes and all have the suede bottoms, which would be great for your DD.

HTH!

Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

AvasMama
02-02-2005, 10:45 AM
I preferred Robeez when Ava wasn't walking, and I love them now that she is -- they are perfect for keeping her feet warm on our hardwood floors and preventing her from slipping as well.

I also like the Preschoolians with the suede sole for pre-walkers. We had a pair of those and they were adorable and they have dressier styles than Robeez offers, which I also liked. I have a pair of the rubber-soled ones now that Ava is walking and they are harder for her to walk in than Robeez. I save them for when she is going to be walking outside. I definitely wouldn't recommend the rubber-soled ones to a pre-walker or a very new walker.

This is just my experience, though, it may be different for other babies.

Robyn & Ava

mykidzmom
02-02-2005, 11:04 AM
My daughter is 22 mos. old, and still wears Robeez. We also have preschoolians. I really like the robeez for around the house, because we too have hard wood floors. Plus, I love all the cute styles Robeez have! We use the preschoolians if I know Sara will be walking around outside.

dr mom
02-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I love Robeez and that's all my DS (11 months) has worn - they're soft and flexible, keep socks from falling off, and the suede bottom gives my brand-new walker a little traction. They can also go in the washing machine which is a BIG plus, as they do get dirty once your little one starts crawling/cruising/walking.

I have heard good reviews here for Preschoolians, and you could do a search for old threads. What sold me on Robeez was the adorable designs - I just had to have the red monkeys! - but Jeff at Preschoolians is starting to introduce cute designs of his own. Once DS is walking well enough to walk outside, I've got my eye on the IWB line with the zipper and car design. I can't find the thread right now, but Julie (jubilee) bought these for her son and posted lots of pics along with a rave review.

stefani
02-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi Irena,

My DS is almost 17 months old. He has Robeez, Bobux, and Preschoolians now.

For a new cruiser / walker, I would recommend the suede bottom (actually barefoot, but it might be too cold now). When DS started to cruise and then to walk, he was mostly barefoot because it was in September & October. I only put shoes on him when he was not home (doctors' office, daycare, restaurants, malls, etc.).

For DS now I love the Preschoolians with rubber bottom, for outside and for daycare. His Robeez and Bobux tend to get dirty with snacks that he steps on. They are all machine washable and dryable, so cleaning them is not really an issue. I just noticed that the rubber bottom "looks" cleaner, so I don't wash it as often. Preschoolians customer service is exemplary. I am waiting for them to put more designs for the ones that look like Robeez / Bobux, but with rubber bottom (I am Walking Barefoot line).

Hope that helps.

ILV
02-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Thank you, everyone, for your friendly advice. I have ordered a pair of Preschoolians yesterday (by the way, they are having a sale: $18.50 including shipping and tax). I ordered the cutest little sandals in pastel colors, and am expecting to see them in 2 weeks. I will keep you posted.

One more think. I was checking the other postings related to this brand and I saw mention of co-op sale. Can anyone enlighten me, what is it?

Thanks again,

Irena

gour0
02-03-2005, 11:59 AM
That 'coop' was a limited time thing. It really was just a sale. I haven't heard any sales or discounts recently except the $18.50 price on the cover my foot styles.

mykidzmom
02-03-2005, 12:03 PM
My son has the navy zipper preschoolians w/ the cars, and they are sooo cute on!! Very easy to get on, and he can't get them off.