PDA

View Full Version : Boutique clothes..which run big, which small?

patricksmom
02-02-2005, 11:29 PM
I would like to order an easter outfit (not sure which yet)....Patrick is still itty bitty (17lbs). Not sure to go with a 12m outfrit or 18m. It would be much easier if I knew which companys size up or down that way I could maybe to go with a large 12m or a small 18m.

Thanks for any help.

C99
02-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Almost all of them run small, IME. I've bought Imp Originals, Ralph Lauren Layette, Frances Johnston for Simi, and Good Lad and almost invariably size up.

Little Ladybug
02-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Shannon -

A while back, Tracey had a great post in which she listed lots of boutique brands and an evaluation of how they run. Here is the link:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=6804&mesg_id=6804&listing_type=search

If there is a specific brand that you are thinking of that isn't on here, let me know and I'd be happy to share my experiences if I have any information. :) Also, if you find something at www.bestdressedchild.com, their CS is very helpful. I called earlier this week to find out how Gordon & Co. sailor suits run, and they measured the outfits for me!

HTH! :)

sweetbasil
02-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Strasburg runs big, but like Caroline said, I haven't seen many others that do.

Good luck!

gisele
02-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Miniman runs slightly large. Catamini runs slightly large. Berlingot run true to size. Deux Par Deux runs true to size.