PDA

View Full Version : New Gymbo website and frustrated with Naartie site

LoveMyBabyBeans
02-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Have you guys gone to gymboree.com today? They completely changed the format. It looks pretty cool.

Now, why can't Naartjie get it together and get a MODERN website? I'm trying to look around and their site is driving me nuts.

robmab719
02-03-2005, 05:11 PM
I noticed the new Gymbo site! Very cool! And I think it's about time they revamped it...it's been the same for as long as I can remember.

ITA on the Naartjie site. I wish I lived closer to a store because I absolutely hate dealing with their web site and emailing stores to find what I want. There are actually several things I like in their lines, but I've resisted ordering them because it's such a hassle.

(Hmmmm, if only Hanna could make their site as difficult as the Naartjie site, I wouldn't order so much from Hanna!) lol

dwndestiny
02-03-2005, 05:29 PM
I totally agree about Naartjie's website. Their whole ordering process is archaic and frustrating. I used to order a majority of Sylver's clothes through them, but stopped for a whole year after they implemented a bunch of policies to make it even harder for their long distance customers (which makes one ask, why bother with the website business 'on the side' the way they do?). I am also pretty frustrated that they insist on opening all their new stores in Ca...How many stores does Ca really need?? There are tons of other states that could support a Naartjie! I also have a problem with ordering two pieces to match and finding out AFTER I get them they are from two different dye lots! Their tights are notorious for this. If the incentive for dealing with such a frustrating ordering process is 'personalized service', then you would think they would be able to catch that! Especially when you e-mail that you are looking for an 'outfit'. Even if they pay the return shipping (which really depends on who your dealing with and not a company policy) it's a pain in the butt to drag 3 kids to the PO to correct their mistakes.

That said, I adore Vicki (Valley Fair). She has always been an angel and very fair. She is the only reason I still order with Naartjie on occasion. I placed an order before Christmas for two PRECIOUS outfits each for Trin and Sylver and am very happy with them...they messed it up a little, though, by putting something in my order I didn't order and charging me for it (an overpriced baby toy). Not enough to make a stink over or even send back, but annoying (although not suprising). Their clothes are unique enough and Vicki is always sweet enough that I am willing to put myself through the frustration every once in awhile, but just not regularly anymore. All in all my policy with Naartjie is unless I just can't live without something and I am willing to take a risk with the sizes/quality/color I skip them.

khakismom
02-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Actually, they won't be only in Cali now. They have 2 stores slated to open in Utah and Oregon. :)

mimieliza
02-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Oooh... where in Oregon? I couldn't find it on the website - I only saw Utah under the Opening Soon section. :)

sugarsnappea
02-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Naartjie is a pain, and that is why I have never ordered anything from them. It is so time consuming and frustrating. I tried on many occasions, and finally gave up. :(

supersparkee
02-03-2005, 09:05 PM
I really wish Naartjie would just bite the bullet and invest in an online ordering system with a back-end warehouse fulfillment center! I understand it is a tough decision because opening an "online store" is roughly about the same cost as opening a brick and mortar store. And sometimes more - I'm sure Gymboree's total web site costs over the past 2-3 years are close to the seven-figure range, if not in that range. If you are more than just a mom-n-pop kind of business, a fast, reliable, e-commerce site with inventory mgmt really can be quite expensive.

But the customer base for a Naartjie online store would be HUGE and if they just look at the current volume (and that doesn't include promoting the site - this is just word of mouth), it seems like it would defintely be a good investment or at the very least self-sustaining. Maybe I could send them some return-on-investment calculations...

parkersmama
02-03-2005, 09:17 PM
The new Gymbo site is cool. My favorite feature is that you can shop by size! That will make it a lot easier rather than having to dig around to figure out if an item (especially sale items) are available in the size you want.

As for Naartjie, I guess I've just learned to suck it up. I love their clothes enough to deal with the added hassle. It also helps that I have Vonage so all those long phone conversations to place orders aren't costing me anything but my time. :D

karin4
02-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Really??!! Oregon??? Oh yay! I've really wanted some of their clothes, but, like PPs, haven't been willing to deal with their outdated ordering system. So excited! Thanks for passing on the good news, Maureen!

Hmmmm... wonder if it'll be at the new Bridgeport Village under construction in Tualatin. I'm still hoping for a J&J there, but Naartjie is really more my price range anyway!

lrucci
02-03-2005, 10:00 PM
I really like the new Gymbo website. It's nice to have something different. As for the Naartjie website, I won't even go there - too frustrating.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

khakismom
02-03-2005, 10:15 PM
According to someone on the Naartjie loop, it will be in Tigard at Washington Square. Here's a link about the new stores and Naartjie is listed:

http://www.katu.com/business/story.asp?ID=74315

Hope it's close to you! :)

jubilee
02-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Yep- just like Maureen said, it will be opening sometime this year at Washington Square... and so will JANIE AND JACK and even a Janeville! I've heard rumors that Gymboree there will be gaining more space too. I don't get over to the west side very often, but the new stores might make it worth the drive.

squimp
02-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Yay Yay Yay! This year! Oh no, more reasons to drive to Portland and spend more money at my favorite Nordstrom in Oregon....thank goodness I got the VISA, we got "free" SRs there last week.

karin4
02-04-2005, 02:49 AM
Yippee! Oh, I'm SO excited! Maureen, Washington Square isn't too far from me-- about 20-30 minutes depending on traffic. I'm on the eastside also, and also don't go there often, mostly because there's really been no reason to-- everything at Wash Sq is also in at least one of the malls on this side of Portland. Janie and Jack and Naartjie will change that.

Thanks again for the info!

LoveMyBabyBeans
02-04-2005, 04:47 AM
I'm LOL, because that's a big Army thing to say. :)

I know what you mean about sucking it up becaue their clothing is SO unique and fun. I wouldn't even care if they didn't move to an actual online store (I don't mind phoning in my order, even from overseas), but I wish the way they present the clothing on the website that they DO have could be improved. I wish you could see each piece in ALL of the colors they offer it in. The trick with Naartjie is that each piece has a primary color, but then there are other colors in the piece and it would be nice to know what those other colors are on the pieces besides the one they show on the webpage. It would make putting outfits together SO much easier.

parkersmama
02-04-2005, 08:34 AM
You are so right! That would really help to see the items in all the colors. Sort of like Hanna's newest perk. Also, a closer up view would be nice. Sometimes I think it's hard to tell about the details of a piece until it arrives at your door. :P

mimieliza
02-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Yay! Janie and Jack AND Naartjie! I love Washington Square, but it's a good thing I live three and a half hours away in Pendleton -- will save me lots of money. Now I just need the baby to dress (currently TTC). :)