PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie spring trans & spring 1 - pics!

parkersmama
02-03-2005, 05:26 PM
I finally accumulated enough new Naartjie to take some pics. Of course, I called for a PA and ordered even more! LOL!

Please excuse the paci and grouchy faces...the little princess just wasn't in the mood for a fashion extravaganza! :D

New Rose Rib Dress in Cloud (2T) & Mid Calf 1x1 Rib Pants in Cloud (18-24) - I love this outfit! This color is just TDF! I think this outfit has an air of innocence to it. :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21021.jpg

Big Girl Vertical Stripe Rib Tunic in Fluffy (sz 3) & Rib New Rose Pants with Striped Frill in Fluffy (2T) - I also love this outfit! They are both a tad big (the pants are rolled once at the waist) but I couldn't find the pants anymore in an 18-24. Maybe it will still fit in the early fall? This is a spring outfit for us...way too warm for summers around here!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21022.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21023.jpg

Poppy Flower Poplin Dress in Clear (2T) & Poplin Solid Fancy Pant in Clear (18-24) - This didn't float my boat like I thought it would. I think I'm going to send it back. Hopefully they'll have more similar summer dresses that I like better. :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21024.jpg

Molly & Poppy Flower Wrap Tunic in Fluffy (2T) & Poplin Solid Fancy Pant in Fluffy (18-24) - I *love* this outfit!! The top is soooo cute! It might be my favorite top in both lines. The second pic is to show you how the back is the 3rd pattern on the top.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21025.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21026.jpg

New Rose Rib Tunic with Striped Frill in White (2T) & Denim Rose Applique Pant (2T) - I love this top but the pants are *huge*. I've ordered a different pair of pants to go with it.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21027.jpg

New Rose Rib Tunic with Striped Frill in White (2T) & Mid Calf 1x1 Rib Pants in White (18-24) - Just showing how the top looks with the white pants. I really bought these pants to go with other dresses as bloomers of a sort.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21028.jpg

Same outfit except these are the pants in a 2T. They are really quite big in the waist but might fit with a cloth dipe. The hat is the Babygirl Hopsack hat in White.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21029.jpg

So today I ordered the new rose tunic in cliff and bluebell linen loom pants to match. Also got white/ribbon (dark pink) striped pants to go with the white new rose tunic we already have. And the knit poppy stripe a-line dress in Clear & knit poppy flower pants to go underneath to replace the poplin dress that I didn't like. Am I an addict or what?? :)

dwndestiny
02-03-2005, 05:35 PM
She looks just beautiful in all of it!! I ordered that first dress with the stripey floral leggings for my girls and it is definitly a favorate in our house!
Thanks for sharing! I much prefer seeing the pictures here, then on the website! MUCH MUCH cuter :)

JLiebCamm
02-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Love all the outfits, especially "Molly & Poppy Flower Wrap Tunic in Fluffy". Love the pigtails too.

khakismom
02-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Oh what a sweetheart! Ellen has that same dress in the same color in the first pic (Kathleen's is in fluffy). We'll have to get Amy Grace and Ellen together so they can be twinsies in their dresses. LOL!

My favorite outfit and picture out of all of these is the last one. She just looks so sweet and innocent with that hat on! I love it! :)

Good choices as always Denise!

AvasMama
02-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Love it all except for the poplin dress -- there's something about the styling (maybe the sleeves?) that I don't like. Everything else is gorgeous! The striped tunic and rose top are my favorites. We got our order too, and I am just about to post pics. You are making me wish I had ordered more! I went overboard with Naartjie last summer/fall so I am trying to limit myself :)

Robyn & Ava

ast96
02-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Denise, Amy Grace would look cute in a diaper and a paci and nothing else! Those Naartjie outfits are so cute, though. I went into a Naartjie store once and was overwhelmed... I don't know how you ladies pull the outfits together!

But what I really want to say is... do you have a blue and white kitchen? Because I am trying to go blue and white in my kitchen, and I am chicken to paint the walls blue. It looks like you did? Can you elaborate and tell me how you went with it?

Okay, off-topic, but important!

LOL.

Allison
DS 06.02
DS 03.04

supersparkee
02-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Denise - I really *love* everything except the clear dress set. I think it is something about those sleeves - they just look a little weird! The color is really pretty though. I heard the new line coming out will have tiered dresses for Easter so if you want a nice poplin dress, it might have some better options.

You're making me very excited to get my order (which was shipped out today). The first two outfits you have I also got for Eva (same colors and everything). I'm hoping the size 3 top fits her - I've never ventured up to that size before.

That wrap top might just be my favorite shirt I've seen this spring. And not just from Naartjie - from other companies too. I ordered it in clear and also tried to get it in cloud but it is sold out in 2T at every single store :( (well, the ones that do mail order). I got knit pants to go with it but now I'm wondering if I should have gotten poplin ones after seeing your pics! Well, I did earn some Kids Kash today so I guess I'll have to just place another order ;)

gour0
02-03-2005, 08:34 PM
She's gorgeous in just about anything, but this one is my favorite:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21025.jpg

Also, glad you're sending back that dress. It really isn't as good as the other things.

zuzu
02-03-2005, 08:42 PM
AG looks darling. I agree something is off about the cut of the poplin dress, but the colors are gorgeous. I really like the wrap tunic, and am just trying to narrow my list to call in an order. And now that they have the Kids Kash deal going, I'm trying to plan it so I spend the right amounts at the right times. Or, I could make my life easier and ignore the promotion.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

parkersmama
02-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Allison, yes the kitchen is blue and white. When we built our house I knew I wanted a red or blue kitchen and I decided to go with whichever color flooring we could find. I found a white linoleum with dark blue diamond accents so we went with blue. We've sinced changed the floor but kept everything else. I do really love the dark blue! It's a color from Wattyl called "Deep Water" (it's been about 8 years so I don't even know if they'd still have it). Everyone told me it would be too dark but it's not at all, especially with the white trim and cabinets. The tile backsplash has dark blue tiles in it as accents also. It's sort of a long, narrow room and the only windows are two floor-to-ceiling windows in the breakfast area. Even with that amount of natural light it still never seems too dark. I've been very happy with it!

parkersmama
02-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Well, I've definitely got to narrow it down. I had a lot of trouble deciding on colors. I didn't really like cliff in the winter line but I've seen some pics of the new rose stuff in cliff and it's really beautiful. And, of course, I love cloud and fluffy. And then clear. I really like clear but I'm not sure it's going to work for us. It is pretty but also pretty loud. :) I'm hoping that the striped dress in that color will work better. Looking at the website, I thought it was going to be similar to "dew" from last year but it's much darker and brighter. I bet it will look really cute on your little redhead though! I can't wait to see pictures!!

stillplayswithbarbies
02-03-2005, 09:50 PM
She's just cute as ever. You know why she doesn't like that Clear dress . . . her paci doesn't match! LOL

I ordered that dress in white, but after seeing it on Amy Grace it's not what I thought it was. I was expecting a fuller ruffly skirt.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

lrucci
02-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Denise,

Thank you for posting pictures. AG looks wonderful in everything, though ITA about the poplin dress. AG got some of the things that I want to order for Kyleigh, so it helped me tremendously. I love the molly & poppy wrap tunic with the fancy pants and that last pictures is so sweet. I really like that top with the white pants.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

zuzu
02-03-2005, 10:55 PM
NOOOOO! :( I'm looking for the molly and poppy cloud wrap tunic in a 2T too, and am still waiting to hear back from one of the stores. Hopefully they will get more in soon.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

LoveMyBabyBeans
02-04-2005, 05:26 AM
Accckkk, I missed this post earlier. I've been dying to see Amy Grace in her new Naartjie. She is SO funny and so cute! That outfit in fluffy is TDF. Those colors are sucking me right in.

jk3
02-04-2005, 07:12 AM
My favorite too!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

cinrein
02-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Denise,
Thank you so much for posting pics or your little doll! I love it all! I'm in the midst of putting together a little Naartjie order myself, so these pics really helped.

I'm looking at the wrap molly and poppy top paired with the rib mid-calf pants. Do you think those would look OK? I'm thinking canary for both. :)

I also wanted to ask how the sizing is in the spring line compared to other Naartjie. Anna has boho pants in 18-24 mo and they still fall off her. She wears 2T pants in Gymbo, with a little growing room. I was going to stay with 18-24 in Naartjie. I'm getting a 3T top definitely, though now I'm wondering if I should size up to 4T. In Gymbo clothes, 2T fits perfectly with no growing room so I bought 3T for spring/summer. We have some Naartjie 2T tops that fit well in the shoulders and length, but the ones with ruffle sleeves are a little long. Would you mind sharing what sizes Amy Grace normally wears and how the Naartjie compares?

Cindy and Anna February 2003

parkersmama
02-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Cindy, the biggest problem that I have with Naartjie isn't the website like most people, it's the variation in sizes! I'm never quite sure what size to get and I often make do with what I order unless it's way too big or way too small.

AG is wearing 18-24mos clothes from Gymbo but they are starting to get slightly snug (some things more than others). I have purchased all 2Ts for her for summer. The Naartjie 18-24 pants are still fitting well with some growing room. Most of her winter Naartjie pants were 12-18mos and they are getting short. The 2T pants I've tried from them were still *huge* (especially those denim pants). So basically Amy Grace has been wearing 18-24 mos clothing from everyone for the winter and I'm buying 2T for the summer. She's in a Hanna 80 right now and I'm buying 90s for summer.

HTH!

Oh, and I think the wrap tunic and mid-calf pants in canary will look fabulous! Wait, it looks like those pants might not be available in canary (call to check, though, because sometimes the site is wrong). If you want those pants, ribbon would probably work well. Those pants really are my favorites...they fit great and are just so cute!

cinrein
02-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks so much Denise, that really helped. I've been buying a size bigger for summer too, but always have to change that strategy with Naartjie. I too think the sizing is way more frustrating that the ordering process. Every Naartjie salesperson I ever worked with was a doll, so that makes it worth it for me.

Now to go bemoan the fact that there are no canary pants! :)

Cindy and Anna February 2003

LaurelC
02-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Denise,

Amy Grace looks adorable in everything!!! I have a question about those Mid Calf 1x1 Rib Pants in White - is that eyelet on the hem? It is hard to tell from Naartjie's website. I am a sucker for white eyelet....

dules
02-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Denise,

You are KILLING me. Could AG be any cuter? Look at that pic of her in the white hat. Now was that fair to post when I'm trying not to spend any more money? LOL!!! She is so adorable.

I love it all. I wish they were consistent with their sizing...those jeans would be adorable in the right size.

Now I have to go place ANOTHER order. Before my first one even arrives. LOL!

Best,
Mary

lctippins
02-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Wow! Amy Grace looks great in all her new Naartjie! Like you, I'm not loving the Poplin dress, but everything else looks fantastic! I find it odd that the big girls' size 3 top fits her so well. It would never have occurred to me to try that, but it's such a cute top! I'm loving those flower pants too. I wasn't going to get anything in pink, but the color looks beautiful in the pic. We got the wrap tunic too and I *love* it. I may get it in pink as well... if I can ever get a response from the Stoneridge store. I e-mailed my order early in the day yesterday and still haven't heard back. :-(

Thanks so much for posting the pics! It's always great to see the clothes on real kids.

Lisa - Mom to Kendall 6/6/03

parkersmama
02-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Laurel, yes it is white eyelet! The colored ones have matching colored eyelet on them as well. For this age, I prefer these pants to the Hanna eyelet bloomers (love them too, though) because these don't have elastic at the legs and I think they'll stay down better. If you're a sucker for white eyelet, you'll love these! They are a really soft knit.

jpang
02-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi, Denise,

AG looks so cute in her new Naartjie stuff! My favorite color is cloud on her, but then, that's my favorite color in the news lines.

I am just barely holding on to my resolution to not order anything new. For now.

Thanks for posting all the lovely photos. So much more tempting than the Naartjie website.

pritchettzoo
02-05-2005, 12:28 AM
First, AG is the cutest! :)

Gracie is 31" tall and not quite 17 months. Is there a growth spurt coming up? Should I do 12-18 month pants or 18-24? Since Miss AG has a fluffy butt too, I thought you'd be a good judge.

Is the fluffy a pink-pink or a peach-pink? It looks like the clear has an aqua tinge?

I've still managed to avoid Naartjie, but I don't think I can any longer. I love the molly and poppy outfit! And the white eyelet pants are adorable--thanks for the great idea about using them as dress bloomers.

And we need a better picture of the puppy dog next time. Gracie pointed out his behind in the photo and laughed. ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

parkersmama
02-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Thanks. :D

I think unless Gracie is heavy for her 31", I'd go with the 12-18mos. pants. AG is wearing a disposable in the pics...I've been wimpy lately about cloth (although I swear I'm getting back to it...when will they have more large organic fireflies!?). I guess you could order both sizes and give them a try. They don't shrink much, if at all.

I went and checked again...fluffy is a true light pink, no peach. The accent colors on it are the ribbon (dark pink) and the clear. It's a very pretty pink. Clear is very much a bright aqua blue. It is *bright*, IMO! The accent colors are a citron green and bluebell (medium blue). On the dress I have (that I'm returning), the citron is quite visible and adds to the brightness.

You will love the white eyelet capris! They are wonderful! I'm thinking that I'll keep both sizes that I have so we'll have them to fit when she outgrows the first ones. :)

And here's a little bit better picture of the dog. She had a brand new bed in her kennel and Wesley got in to sit with her for a bit. :D She's the family dog but her heart belongs to Wesley!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21106.jpg

papal
02-05-2005, 08:40 AM
Hey Denise!
AG is looking very cute, as always. I just wanted to shout out a THANKS to you and AG for taking the time to model and post the pics.. you don't even know how helpful they are in making decisions for me.. colours, sizes and actual pieces. I love the naartjies but the website is too confusing for me.. so it is nice to see the clothes on some real models. :)

I just got one outfit this time.. i am being good.. we had an overdose of raspberry last time, to the point where i got tired of seeing that colour. So this time, I just got the Molly-poppy wrap top in clear with clear solid bottoms.
I wonder if they will have shorts and tank tops in the summer line.. that would be awesome!

bonbon98
02-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks for sharing pics of Amy Grace in her Naartjie. Too cute! I am now convinced I need to get some pieces for Emma! My sister is going to the La Jolla store next weekend - woohoo!!

Bonny
Mom to Evan & Emma 5/7/02