PDA

View Full Version : which soft shoes are best for a wider ankle?

dowlinal
02-04-2005, 03:17 AM
I want to buy a pair of robeez-like shoes for Madeline but I don't know which brand to buy. I loved the robeez but she outgrew the ankle way before she outgrew the shoes. I know I can switch out the elastic but I'm hoping that one of the other brands has a wider ankle. Are bobux , shooshoos, of jack&lily any better?

Thanks!

JLiebCamm
02-04-2005, 07:18 AM
I found Shooshoos to be really wide compared to Robeez, but I didn't try the other two brands you mentioned.

brigmaman
02-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Jack and Lily worked better for my ds' chunky ankles than Robeez did. :)

AdoptChina
02-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Shoo shoos worked well for us

Saartje
02-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Seems like I've had the opposite experience with Jack and Lilys than others -- they left horrible red marks on my DS's chunky ankles. We're having better luck with Robeez so far, though his are still almost brand new.

nicknack
02-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I'd say Bobux all the way! We had a pair of Robeez and had the same problem. Switched to Bobux and loved them...I'm so sad DS has grown out of them! They just seemed much more pliable than the Robeez did, much easier to get into.

riostoker
02-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Definitely shoo shoos - they are great on my chunky baby's fat foot. Also, Naartjie's shoo-b-doo's (or shoo-bees, something like that) are made by Shoo shoos, and they are a great price.

ann

oliviasmom
02-04-2005, 08:49 PM
We have tried Shoo Shoos, Robeez and Jack and Lily, and Shoo Shoos are definitely looser around the ankle than both Robeez and J&L. I found this out the hard when DD (who has thinner ankles)lost one of her pink and white "sneaker" Shoo Shoos at the supermarket (We recovered it, thankfully). They're also a bit cheaper pricewise than the other two.

HoneymoonBaby
02-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Moss Feet Shoes are really good for thicker ankles, they are super stretchy and the opening is pretty wide. I've been pretty happy with the pair we have, my only warning is that the suede will pick up dyes off of dark denim if you wear it and carry baby on your hip.

SAHMommie
02-05-2005, 01:41 AM
I found Robeez to be larger in the ankle than Jack & Lilys. Those are the only 2 brands I have tried so far. I have the same prob.

SAHMommie

tarahsolazy
02-05-2005, 09:49 PM
For XTREME! chunkster ankles, like my DS has, only velcro t-strap style ShooShoos have worked well. Robeez were wide enough, and had enough volume, IYKWIM, but the ankle elastic was too tight. The padded ShooShoos style is like a t-strap, and they stay on, and are adjustable, to boot. They have several cute colors. We have brown, since those were the most boy-appropriate. (I got this tip from JElaineB, here on BBB, thanks Jennifer!)

dowlinal
02-06-2005, 02:54 AM
This was exactly our problem with the robeez - Madeline would get these horrible marks on her ankles even though she still had lots of ShooShoos I went to their site and the padded ones with the strap are all on sale and only in limited sizes. These would be perfect but I guess I just wait and hope they come with new models.

oliviasmom
02-06-2005, 04:45 AM
I would call Shoo Shoos first to verify this, but awhile back on a Yahoo group I recall reading that Shoo Shoos is phasing out the padded styles. I'm not sure why.I think that's why the size selection on the site is so limited.