PDA

View Full Version : OT - Lands End clothes for moms?

steph2003
02-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Do you like the quality? how is the sizing? I am looking for casual/everyday stuff since I might find myself staying home full time in the next couple months. I want minimal fuss items that will hold up (cause like most everyone else here I save my pennies for my DS's clothes & not mine LOL!)

I was looking at several items on Overstock page such as t-shirts, casual tops.

Any feedback from moms? TIA

parkersmama
02-04-2005, 08:16 AM
I've always loved Lands' End clothes. Especially their jackets. They also have great swimsuits and underwear (no fishing them out of you-know-where!). I go in spurts about their clothes. Sometimes I really like what they have to offer and buy several things. Other times, their clothes feel a bit too conservative and mom-like and I pass. I've never really had anything from there that didn't fit well and wash well. Their mom clothes hold up great just like their kids clothes do!

mykidzmom
02-04-2005, 08:20 AM
I have several things from Land's End, and I love them! I have quite a few knit shorts and capris. They are very comfortable. Like you were saying...I wear them mostly around the house. With LE you can still look nice, w/o spending a fortune!

jennifer_r
02-04-2005, 08:29 AM
The quality is excellent. I find the sizing to run big. Like Denise said their styling can be a little too "conservative" & plain (and I'm fairly conservative in my clothes!) but they arer always great for basics and lately I've been seeing clothes w/more styling and more to my liking.

If you're going to order something from the Overstocks catalog, I loved the velour "lounge" hooded top and bottom in frosted blue. I paid full price when it came out a few months ago and it's always one of the first things I grab to wear if I'm hanging out around the house. It's sooo soft and cozy and has washed really well. When I saw it in Overstocks, I picked up another one (this time in pink).

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif (http://gynosaur.com/bf_ribbons.php) 5 months and counting!

babystarfish
02-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Last year they had a wonderful spring selection for women, lots of bright colors and dress up or down pieces. I also find that they run big, where LL Bean tends to run small (IMO). Good luck...the clothes last forever!

CallieA
02-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Count me as another fan of Lands' End! I live in Lands' End clothing. It's super comfortable, reasonably good looking, and it holds up really well. Their customer service is great also - always a plus!

I would say that you can order from them without hesitation!

holliam
02-04-2005, 10:12 AM
I live in Lands End! I have some Eddie Bauer, LLBean, JJill, but the bulk is Lands End! :)

Holli

holliam
02-04-2005, 10:12 AM
I live in Lands End! I have some Eddie Bauer, LLBean, JJill, but the bulk is Lands End! :)

Holli

MichelleRC
02-04-2005, 11:02 AM
I have gotten quite a few things from LE for myself this past year. Great quality, nice soft cottons. I am petite and find their stuff runs big so I actually just ordered and received some of the new spring girls stuff for myself. (The terry cloth striped polo is my new favorite!) Their bathing suits & PJ's are great too.

amazz
02-04-2005, 11:22 AM
I first starting wearing their clothes when I was pg and couldn't find anything I liked that was comfy and didn't break the bank. I LOVE their clothes. That's pretty much all I wear now. Their clothes just fit my lifestyle so well. And I agree that most of their items do run large. Another great thing about them is that their c.s. is awesome!! I don't think I have one thing from there that I don't like, so shop away!!

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

babystarfish
02-04-2005, 12:06 PM
You can return items to Sears!! Helps with the return Shipping costs for sure!

khakismom
02-04-2005, 12:10 PM
I love LE mommy-wear! I almost broke down and cried when I saw all the cute stuff for spring and summer in the latest catalog, and I realized that I couldn't buy any of it! x(

I adore all the bright colors they have this year. Their stuff is classic and lasts a long time. Have fun shopping Steph!

tigalig
02-04-2005, 04:19 PM
I have their jackets and swimsuits and love them. I find them to run big though which doesn't bother me, but you should factor that into your selections. Also, their CS is awesome. Call them and they'll do just about anything for you.

jpang
02-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Hi,

LE is great for basics-- I like the tops that are cotton/spandex blend this year especially. I've always bought turtlenecks from them (the ones made "for women" with the hemmed sleeves). A lot of the styles don't suit me, and I've had problems with the cut of the pants not fitting me as well. The quality is great, though, and they have a great return policy.

If your nearby Sears carries their stuff, you should go there to see how their sizing fits you.

HTH

amp
02-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Love, love, love LE stuff for me! I buy from the Overstocks page all the time! And, I never ordered LL Bean stuff until just this week, and I bought several shirts off of their sale page and boy am I happy! I live in cotton tees (long or short sleeved, depending on the season of course!) right now! And their great return policies make it so easy!

I find that LE stuff tends to run true to size, or occasionally a tiny bit larger. Their maternity stuff runs larger. I have not really ordered much (except shoes) that I found to be too small if I ordered my size.

The LL bean shirts I just bought all seem to run fairly true to size, but this was my first order from them.

tina-t
02-05-2005, 12:14 AM
I get all my basic stuff from LE! I love the cotton shirts. It is so soft. They even hem most of the pants for free - a plus for me; since, I am petite.

jasmine
02-05-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm a new fan of Lands End. I've been finding the greatest bargains at Sears now that they carry Lands End clothes. All their Lands End clearance is an additional 30% off right now. I got jeans for $10, cotton slacks for $7.50, fleece shirts for $6. Sizing seems to run pretty true to size, and the quality is very nice.

kransden
02-06-2005, 07:06 AM
This thread made me realize I have been buying Lands End clothes for almost 20 years! YIKES! I didn't realize I was that old. :)

I love their cotton knit shirts of all types, and so does dh.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

steph2003
02-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks everyone! I took the plunge & placed a very large order but hopefully it will give me enough options to mix & match thru the spring/summer!

C99
02-07-2005, 10:03 AM
The quality is very good. The sizing is generous.

I just don't like the fit as much as I like other brands. Although they've made improvements in the cut over the years (I've been shopping there since I was in high school), it's still a looser fit than other basics brands. I have several sweaters from LE that I really like and wear consistently, but I find that their t-shirts are too baggy/unfitted for my tastes.