PDA

View Full Version : Mini Boden apologizes for gun t-shirt

octmom
02-04-2005, 12:09 PM
I've been in meetings all morning, but I don't think this has been posted yet. I had an e-mail message from Johnnie Boden this morning about the gun t-shirt in the latest Mini Boden catalog. Here's the text:

Dear Customer
I am writing to apologise.

We feature a T shirt in our new Mini Boden catalogue with an image of a toy gun (Sheriff T Shirt). Many of you have contacted us about this.

I don't want you to think we are an irresponsible organisation. I founded this company to create clothing ranges that captured a spirit of fun, honesty, individuality and family. We have made a mistake with this product and we feel stupid, especially me. Please accept my apologies.

To be perfectly honest, I didn’t give the selection of this T shirt enough thought. I have 3 girls, Anna, Kate and Stella. We don’t see any guns in our household. I relied on memories of my toys when I was a boy (a long time ago) when life was a lot safer.

We have now removed the Sheriff gun T Shirt from sale in the US. However, as we print our catalogues well in advance you could receive another which still features the T shirt.

Thank you very much for letting us know how you feel. Keep the feedback coming; good or bad. It’s the only way we can get better.

I am truly sorry.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely
Johnnie Boden
Founder
-------------

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

Melanie
02-04-2005, 12:22 PM
I rec'd one as well and pointed out that they forgot about the swim trunks with semi-automatic appearing weaponry.

tadylkat
02-04-2005, 12:24 PM
That is a lovely note. Sounds so sincere. I like how he accepted responsibility, explained where he was coming from, and apologized. Very cool. :)

iluvmy2boys
02-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Aside from their obvious oversight with this - how is Mini Boden's customer service overall? I did see some really cute stuff that I'd like for my boys, but am not sure how their CS is.

Also, what about sizing? true to size, big,small? Holden is on the thin/tall side whereas Ashton is chunky and tall.

karin4
02-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Tara--
That is my reaction as well. It doesn't sound at all like those contrived, non-apology apologies we're used to hearing from many companies. Just a genuine "I screwed up and I'm sorry." I'm impressed. Cool indeed.

parkersmama
02-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Yeah, ditto. I still wish they'd do something about the swimsuit and towel, though. :)

octmom
02-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Not sure. I've not ordered from them yet, just requested a catalog a few months ago after reading about them here. We do have two striped turtlenecks that I bought from a charity consignment sale a couple of months ago. They are soft, thick cotton and very cozy. I think the sizing is pretty true-to-size/ generous. They definitely don't seem to run small, but we only have those two shirts.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

C99
02-04-2005, 01:57 PM
ITA

Momof3Labs
02-04-2005, 02:17 PM
I didn't get an e-mail, even though I sent a complaint yesterday via their website. Maybe soon...

nigele
02-04-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm glad to see the apology. I was shocked and disgusted when I saw the t-shirt online a few weeks ago.

Melanie
02-04-2005, 03:21 PM
>Also, what about sizing? true to size, big,small? Holden is
>on the thin/tall side whereas Ashton is chunky and tall.
>
>

I found the shirt we bought to run thin/long, just a bit though.