PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Something to make your clothing addiction seem like child's play

writeleigh
02-05-2005, 06:07 PM
I went to my favorite consignment store today. A few other mothers were there too. The woman working at the store was sorting through a pile of newly donated clothing. She showed it to us- all brand new (with tags- never worn!) Lilly Pulitzer most of them appliqued outfits and dresses. But, I'm not talking about a few unused items. This was like a huge, HUGE stack of never worn Lilly Pulitzer!

The consignment store woman said that this particular woman, a young mother, loves buying designer clothing for her daughter, but buys too many clothes for her daughter to wear, so puts whatever is leftover in consignment.

The other mothers and I were like, "What??" I mean, to have that many clothes left over- I can only imagine how many other clothes she has! One of the other mothers jokingly said, "Does her husband know about this?" LOL.

Now I feel great about my recent splurges :D I only wish DH had been there (maybe I can work it into our dinner conversation, just to give him perspective).

parkersmama
02-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Leigh, that is just WILD! I cannot even imagine. In a bad season, I might have 2 outfits left with tags (but they are things I didn't like that much to start with). We've never had any Lilly Pulitzer but I love some of her stuff...I'm jealous of that mom! LOL! Were they in small sizes and how often do you go back? ;)

writeleigh
02-05-2005, 09:59 PM
I did not ask the size because I have a boy, so it didn't occur to me. I can always call and ask the size range if you'd like- it looked to be in maybe 4 or 5 year-old range? But I am not positive at all. The store is very close to me, so I go back pretty often.

ErinP
02-06-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm DEFINATELY interested if they're a size 4 or 5. Please e-mail me if there's anything left the next time you go!!!
Erin