PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Gap for toddler boys?

lmladuke
02-08-2005, 05:20 PM
I was looking on their website to see if they had any new spring clothes for DS and I have to say, there was nothing that turned me on! I really did not like any of there longsleeve shirts - all either have hideous designs on them - or really bright stripes (Hope I am not offending anyone) Unfortunately, I am not seeing much anywhere for my 3 1/2 year old DS anywhere. I like classic clothes - he tends to wear alot of Polo. I am feeling like this grunge look that Gap is showing has got to go.

Oh where to get nice quality, classic boys clothing....???

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

Little Ladybug
02-08-2005, 05:56 PM
I know - It's just sad. I keep thinking that I need to quit my current profession and start designing classic-looking boy's clothing. DS is in shortalls/overalls right now, so it's still fun to dress him, but when he gets older it's going to be so depressing. :(

writeleigh
02-08-2005, 08:49 PM
I was just in there the other day and was disappointed too. I really don't get into the skater look :)

ast96
02-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Try Janie and Jack! You'll pay, but you will get classic looking clothes!

I was in Baby Gap tonight, and I grabbed two of the dinosaur tees for my older son. He loooooves dinosaurs. I don't love graphic tees, but I would be a bad mommy if I didn't give him some dinos to wear. I also grabbed a buckaroo baseball cap for my baby. The buckaroo stuff is so cute!

Allison
DS 06.02
DS 03.04

C99
02-08-2005, 11:05 PM
>Oh where to get nice quality, classic boys clothing....???

Talbots Kids and, depending on what size your son is, Brooks Brothers. I think Land's End is very classic little boy stuff too.

tigalig
02-08-2005, 11:32 PM
I agree. . . our ds usually wears ALOT of Gap and I'm having a difficult time replacing all that he has outgrown for the spring and summer. The Gap had shorts on their website over the past month that seemed to fly off the shelves (or perhaps they were overstocks from last year) and that's how I lucked out as far as shorts (got four plain designs). The grunge look won't work here either so I have been eye-ing Lands End amd our local Dillards (in FL) had a blow-out sale on Ralph Lauren and we bought some nice polos. He did pick out this bright polo at the Gap store himself:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21299.jpg