PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do (ebay, oilily sizing, etc.)

writeleigh
02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm having a dilemma. I found some potential jackets for next fall/winter. There are two fleece jackets on ebay that I like a lot. One is Oilily and I like it best. I do like the second a lot too, but especially like the Oililly one. The Oilily one is sized 18-24 months (86). The other (not Oilily) one is sized 2T.

Liam will be two in October and generally has been on the 50% line on the CDC charts for height and weight. However, he recently had a little growth spurt and is now 32 inches, which has put him into the 75%. I have no idea if he'll stay in that percentile or go back to 50%.

I *was* looking for 2T based on his growth. However, I have heard that Oilily tends to run big. Is that true? Also, the woman selling the jacket says her 2 1/2 year old son can still fit in the jacket. She did not say how big he is, though.

Here are the options I considered:

1. Bid on both. He can wear the Oilily one for as long as it fits him and then also wear the other 2T one throughout the winter.

2. Buy the 2T one. It's the more practical decision. I can roll the sleeves if it is too big in the fall.

The oililly one is new without tags- I am not sure how high the bidding will go. The other one has seller start bid of $26 and a Buy it now option of $40. Keep in mind I will still need to buy Liam an inexpensive, heavy coat for the handful of very cold days we have here.