PDA

View Full Version : 2T versus 24 month size

mcdonald29
02-13-2005, 03:10 AM
What, if any, is the difference between these sizes?

I suspect this question has probably already been answered here numerous times, or even in The Bible (I mean BBB: The Book), so my apologies for being lazy and not searching...

TIA!

BonnieV
02-13-2005, 07:48 AM
24 months allows extra room in the seat for the diaper. 2T is also about an inch longer I believe.

hth,
Bonnie

JLiebCamm
02-13-2005, 12:35 PM
I've always understood it to be that 24 months is 18-24 months, while 2T is roughly going to fit an average sized child between their 2nd and 3rd year. Different companies seem to interpet this differently. My DS' 2T Gymboree clothes are much roomier than his Land's End or Gap.

vpalmer
02-13-2005, 01:34 PM
You mentioned that your DS's 2T's from Gymboree were much roomier than a 2T from Land's End. I am a little concerned about that because I am getting ready to place a Land's End order and now I am not sure what size to order! Eva is just now able to fit into her Gymbo 2T's and I anticipate they will fit her at least throughout the summer. If your child is wearing a 2T from Gymbo would you get a 3T from Land's End?

To answer the original poster's question though, it is my understanding as well that a 2T is the next size up from an 18-24 months. There is no difference in the diaper area until you jump from a 3T to a 3. The "T" in the size indicates there is room for a diaper.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

JLiebCamm
02-13-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm curious to see what other people think because I would hate to steer you in the wrong direction. I definitely had to stop wearing 2T LE pants on my DS because they were too short, but his Gymbo pants still have plenty of room in both length and width. Ditto for a LE romper that I had in 2T. I also have a hand-me-down LE T-shirt in a 3T that looks more like a 2T.

audys
02-13-2005, 10:39 PM
I just asked this questions in Baby Gap!

They told me that 24 mth and 2T are basically the same size - the 24 mth has more baby features like snaps on the pants, snaps to allow the neck to open more for the head.

The 2T have the more basic design without these extra baby touches...

This may be just for Baby Gap clothes too.

Happy shopping,

Audrey, mother to Graham

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050210/3/15/1/+10/.png (http://lilypie.com)