PDA

View Full Version : easter dress - pic and questions

kirstensmom
02-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi. I'm thinking of using this dress for Easter. I wanted something more casual and cheap since my dd will probably only wear it once. This is a Laura Ashley dress that I got at costco for $13. Even though it's sleeveless for March I already have a sweater I can use.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21598.jpg

What do you think about the length? Is it too long or o.k.

Also, can I get away with the black patent leather shoes below? I have the pair of pink shoes below but don't think they'll really match, might not fit but don't want to buy another pair.

Also, pink or white tights?

Sorry so long. Thanks for all of the opinions.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21601.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21603.jpg

kensjen
02-15-2005, 11:47 AM
I think the dress is perfect!! It looks adorable on your DD and I think the length is fine. Way to go on the bargain!

I wouldn't have her wear the black shoes. The pink ones may look fine, it is hard to tell from the photo, and I am sure they won't stand out as much as the black.

As for tights...I would go with a light pink...especially if she wears the pink shoes.

HTH!!

Your DD looks like such a little lady in these photos! :)

khakismom
02-15-2005, 12:00 PM
I agree with Jen, that dress looks *perfect* on her. Perfect length, everything. I spied that dress last week at Costco and debated on it. I may have to go back and get it. It's adorable on your DD!

And those pink shoes are so fun! Where did you get them--I love 'em!

I think you could do the black shoes, but you definitely need some tights with it. Pale pink ones would be, again, perfect. :)

lmladuke
02-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Your DD is as cute as a button - and that dress is adorable on her - great Easter dress!!! And what a bargain!

I am not sure about the shoes. I sort of agree with the first poster who said the pink shoes might not be so obvious - especially if you pair them with tights. The black might be too dark IMO

ETA: I just had another thought for shoes - but it may make it too casual. You could maybe pair it with a pair of white t-strap or maryjane style keds and white ankle socks??? This way you will re-use the sneakers. Just a thought.

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

AngelaS
02-15-2005, 01:44 PM
I would pair it w/white Mary Janes and ankle socks w/lacy edges. :D

parkersmama
02-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Very cute! She is darling, too. :) My first choice would be white MJs or t-straps with white lacey socks but given the choices that you have on hand, I would go with the black patent. I'd probably still choose the white lacey socks but if you want to do tights, pink would be better.

kirstensmom
02-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Maureen - I got the shoes at a discount dept store in my area. They are by Aster. I love them! I just hope my dd's foot starts growing soon so they'll fit.

Thanks for the opinions. Since it seems like the black shoes don't look quite right, I'll be on the lookout for the some white shoes. Anyone see any bargains for white maryjanes?

I was only thinking of tights because it'll probably still be cold here for Easter. Hope it doesn't snow. lol.

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

HannaAddict
02-16-2005, 02:33 AM
What a gorgeous daughter you have. I love the outfit. I think the shoes look fine, black patent leather is a classic. White would look cute too, and anklets maybe instead of tights. I really think it is a charming outfit. I have a boy, so live vicariously through postings of cute little girl clothes and buying things for friends' baby showers!

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

CiderLogan
02-16-2005, 09:48 AM
I *love* that dress. How adorable - I agree that the length looks just great. I am not a fan of the black shoes with that dress(especially for Easter) - Personally I would go with white shoes and white tights.

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03