PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Hanna purchase for baby...

meshell
02-18-2005, 07:24 PM
With all the wealth of knowledge on this board, I'm sure you ladies can help me! I'm due in early April and thanks to this board I've become obsessed with Hanna items. I don't want to buy too much now, but I had called customer service (which absolutely ROCKS!) with some old codes that I found while searching the boards, and now I'm trying to decide what to purchase. I'm looking at the size 60's for this summer/fall (we live in Southern California so all the seasons are the same anyway). I don't want to buy 50's since I already have a ton of 0-3 month clothing from family and friends.

I'm trying to decide between getting a zipper or going with the kimono/diaper pants combo. These are in the same print, so I think it would be overkill to get both (plus I can use that $$ to buy other stuff!). Here's what I'm looking at, both in leaflet:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/LiveStyle03/4l28586s.jpg

or

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/s7Style/28773_J97.jpg

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

ETA: One of the replies to my post got me thinking of another question, what do you think of 2-piece outfits for newborns and infants? I never thought of this before...should I be buying mostly one-piece dressing?

TIA!

jk3
02-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Hanna has a terrific return policy so if you are undecided, definitely get both. If you are opting for leaflet because you love green, go for it! If you are opting for leaflet because you don't know if you are having a girl or a boy, why don't you get one piece in leaflet + one in either pink or blue? I love this print in all of the colors so I'm sure this isn't the most helpful! Enjoy!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

shishamo
02-18-2005, 08:02 PM
I would get a zipper. The two piece outfit is cute, but I really do not like two piece outfit for a newborn, everytime you pick up the baby or hold the baby, the top moves up and the belly gets exposed....it's just not as neat.

Zipper is so useful and easy to change into and so cute on. You would not regret it! 60 would be a better choice since 50 fits such a short period of time. Also, if you decide you don't like the zipper (which I doubt) you can resell it really easily.

RJPO
02-18-2005, 10:10 PM
I bought that exact same zipper for my baby-to-be (due in late March -- and I'm in SoCA as well). It's made of a wonderful, soft, sturdy cotton, like most Hannas. It's a little more teal than I would like -- I'm not a teal kind of a girl. Other than that, I really like it!

Rachel
mom to
Mary India, born 6/21/98
James Jolyon, due 3/23/05

highland
02-19-2005, 11:15 AM
I have the blue dots zipper. It's so soft and comfortable. What's the code for the kimono and diaper pants set?

C99
02-19-2005, 11:27 AM
If it were me, I'd go for the zipper. They are much more versatile in general, and a 6-month-old can easily wear a zipper as an outfit or as PJs.

About your other question, I think it depends entirely on what you think you'd like. One-pieces are certainly easier to put on a squirmy baby than two pieces, but then must be changed entirely if wet or soiled. I found that I didn't like 2 piece outfits that weren't snapped at the crotch, because they'd ride up on Nate and either expose his tummy or get in the way.

meshell
02-19-2005, 12:05 PM
The code for the kimono is 28586 and the pants are 28815. They have some available online, but when I was calling around to the outlets they were a little cheaper. I think the kimono was $14 and the pants were only $5. I think quite a few outlets still had them.

highland
02-19-2005, 12:51 PM
nt