PDA

View Full Version : See Kai Run shoes - Questions

supercalifragilous
02-22-2005, 05:39 PM
DD seems to have flat, pancake feet - We even have too much room in the Preschoolians Mary Janes unless she's wearing thick socks!

I saw the SKR shoes IRL at a local store and they seem to have a lot of instep/top-of-the-foot room. Does anyone know how to fix this? The shoes ar SOOO adorable and cheaper than Preschoolians! They seem to have the same flexible rubber soles which supposedly sets Preschoolians apart from regular baby shoes. I would DEFINITELY be interested in a co-op!

Does anyone know if they're machine washable or how to care for them? I know they're made up here in Seattle so they must be water-resistant, right?

Oregonmother
02-22-2005, 10:45 PM
I e-mailed the owner with your question's, because I was interested in the answer too. Didn't ask about the instep though. Does too much room on the top of the foot make them slide around too much? I would think if she has flat/pancake feet, she would need a wide width which SKR has, but not really sure why too much room on the top would matter.

Oregonmother
02-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Hi, Alyssa,

I have washed the shoes before and they look good afterwards. I would recommend air drying with socks inside to help keep the
shape. The shoes are not waterproof, but are water resistant. I think it is a good idea to put a waterproofer on them. I have not done so and they've been fine, but it sure doesn't hurt. In general, I have found they wear very well with little to no care. I'm always interested in other people's experience, so if it differs from mine, please let me know.

Warm regards,
Cause
--------------
Cause Haun, Owner
See Kai Run
9823 63rd Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98118
www.seekairun.com