PDA

View Full Version : LE Clamdiggers - UPDATED PIC

punrocker
02-22-2005, 06:08 PM
I received my Lands' End order yesterday, and thought I'd share a few pics of the clamdigger shorts. I'd ordered the classic navy clamdiggers, with the coordinating ringer tee in blue, but was sent the wrong colored T-shirt (nautical red; the bag was mislabeled). The blue ringer is backordered, so DS is wearing his "At the Bottom of the Sea" (I thought that would be an appropriate substitution!) tee from the recent Ralph's World show at Joe's Pub.

ETA, the pants have pockets, which the catalog description doesn't mention! Two in front, and 2 in back (like on the pocket shorts).

ETA again: The pants are size 2T, and his Ralph's World shirt is only slightly bigger than the 2T Lands' End ringer. DS is 17.5 mos. old, and about 23 lbs. and 33-34" tall.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21871.jpg

ETA (3.11.05): Pic of DS (now 18 mos., 33.25 in., 24 lbs. 2 oz.) in matching size 2T ringer tee. It took 2 tries, but LE finally sent the right color! (If anyone else is planning to buy the ringer tee, the colors are mislabeled in the catalog with the convertible on the cover.)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22720.jpg

MelissaTC
02-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Your little guy is so cute! I love the pants on! I was thinking about getting them but wasn't sure...love them!

writeleigh
02-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi! Those pants are adorable. Much cuter IRL than in the web photos. Your little guy is almost the same age as mine and just about the same size :D He's so cute!

jk3
02-22-2005, 07:19 PM
He is CUTE! The pants are much cuter on him than in the catalog. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

parkersmama
02-22-2005, 09:16 PM
How cute! I love the pants on him!! He is quite a cutie-pie. :D I also really like the Ralph's World shirt. Sorry about the screw-up with your order.

SAHMommie
02-22-2005, 09:26 PM
He is a cutie! I love the t shirt and the clamdiggers! Are they easy fitting in the waist?

SAHMommie

redhookmom
02-22-2005, 09:54 PM
How adorable! I think the T is perfect.

AdoptChina
02-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Ive had those pants in and out of my cart, trying to decide lol
YOur DS looks adorable :)

jec2
02-23-2005, 12:26 AM
What a cute little boy you have :)

I am so glad you posted these and the size you got. I love these pants but am so confused about how everything is running size-wise.

punrocker
02-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Thank you, everyone! I wasn't planning to buy the outfit for a few months, but impulsively added it to my cart when I bought some playsuits from LE Overstocks. Figured I may as well find out now how their size 2T size (DS is still mostly in 12-18M clothing or 80 Hannas). The 6-12M playsuits from last summer still sort of fit him, so I nearly bought the 12-18M clamdiggers.

LE customer service was very apologetic about the shirt mix-up, and are sending out the replacement ringer tee in blue as soon as it's back in stock (sometime next week). I was able to send back the nautical red tee using their prepaid mailing label, but I'm wondering if I should have kept it and ordered the matching pants...!

punrocker
02-23-2005, 11:14 AM
SAHMommie, the waist seems pretty easy fitting: it's about an inch wide, with a fairly thick elastic and a few rows of stitching. DS is pretty lean, so the pants are wide on him right now--kind of like palazzo pants, LOL. Hopefully, they'll fit better come spring.

erzzie
02-23-2005, 01:09 PM
What do you guys think about these pants on a 6 year old boy? I think they're absolutely adorable, but I don't want him to look too babyish...?

Honestly, with the Ralph's World t-shirt, I think it'd be ok on him. I'm just afraid the matching ringer tee might be too matchy for a big kid. What do you think? Any chance the Ralph's World shirt is available anywhere for purchase? I LOVE that outfit :)

mommyj_2
02-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Your little man is adorable! I love the outfit, too. I've been wantng to order the clamdigger pants....I'm hoping they still have them next month since I've blown my shopping budget for the month already.

punrocker
02-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi Melinda,

You can buy the Ralph's World ringer tees (featuring the first 4 album covers) through his record label, Mini Fresh:

http://www.minifresh.com/tshirts3.html#

For some reason, the website doesn't have the Kid Astro tees, but they were selling them after the concert at Joe's Pub in NYC. :)

HTH!

starrynight
02-23-2005, 08:35 PM
So cute!!!

parkersmama
03-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Very cute! I love the outfit...do you? Thanks for the tip on the mislabeling!

amp
03-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks! I had these pants in my cart, but couldn't decide. And couldn't remember what shirt they paired with it in my last catalog, so this helps a lot! Thanks!

ETA: Ack! I had the blue/red pants in my cart and tried to add the matching ringer tee and it says it's not available! I will either have to get a different color or skip it. Bummer! That's the color I really wanted!

sbaker
03-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Your DS has a Wheelie Bee/Bug! Where did you find it???? I want to get one for DD, but I've only found them in the UK or Australia.

Your DS is adorable, btw!

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

lmladuke
03-11-2005, 04:07 PM
I can't find those shorts on the website - do you have a link?

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

amp
03-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Here...they have them in baby, toddler and boys.

http://tinyurl.com/3zgbr

punrocker
03-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Yes, I love the outfit, too! In fact, I was tempted to keep the 2nd (wrong) red shirt they sent, and order the matching pants, but it looks too much like the Hanna ringer tee I recently bought on sale!

The shirts apparently should be labeled by the color of the trim, and not the main body of the shirt...so I should have received the "classic navy" (with light blue body) and not the "blue" (as labeled in the catalog) shirt.

punrocker
03-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Funny you should ask, because I finally got around to writing a review in the "Around the House" forum!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=28145&mode=full&page=

The Wheelie Bug was a gift, and it came from England. I don't think anyone sells it in the US yet. We love it!

mommyj_2
03-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Your DS is adorable. Is the crab outfit in the other thread a Hanna, or is it from somewhere else? I LOVE it. I want to get it for my DS.

laurena
03-11-2005, 08:29 PM
He is a cute little boy. The clothes look great on him.

punrocker
03-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Thank you! The crab outfit is actually a Hanna knockoff by Vitamins, that I found at BRU. At $7.99, I couldn't pass it up! (DS is wearing size 24M in that playsuit.)

mommyj_2
03-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Did you get it this year? If so, I'm going to BRU to try to find one. It's adorable!

punrocker
03-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Just last week! Good luck!

C99
03-12-2005, 12:23 AM
I bought the same set, in size 3T. I didn't have any problems ordering the correct color from the Web site, but Nate didn't want to wear the t-shirt (which seems BIG), so this photo just shows him in the pants and an undershirt. He was excited by the pants and loves the pockets. For reference, Nate's about 36" and just under 30#.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22741.jpg

LoveMyBabyBeans
03-12-2005, 06:57 AM
Those outfits are adorable!! So summery. I love your DH's hair too.

punrocker
03-12-2005, 08:44 AM
So cute! What shoes are you planning to pair with the outfit? I'm waiting a while to shop for sandals, since DS's feet grow so erratically. I agree, the tee does seem big in proportion to the pants, but I'm hoping by spring/summer, it will fit DS better. Are you going to keep the tee?

I think LE fixed the colors on the website, which is how I originally ordered, except for some thumbnail swatches in the zoom view. :) But when I called CS about the first shirt problem, I had a catalog in front of me, which probably accounted for the 2nd mix-up, d'oh!

C99
03-12-2005, 09:06 AM
For spring/summer, I'm going to get Nate a pair of flat Converse/Keds-style sneakers (probably in navy blue) and a pair of fisherman's sandals. I think either of those will go w/ the clamdiggers. It's still snowing here, so I don't think Nate will actually wear the clamdiggers for another month to 6 weeks.

I think I am going to keep the tee -- I am hoping it shrinks a bit in the wash, plus I don't think that I could match the blue w/ anything else. And Nate is a *disaster* in white.

meshell
03-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Ok, I'm loving that crab outfit as well! I must get one for our baby for this summer. Do you know if it came in infant sizes?

TIA!

punrocker
03-12-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm pretty sure it came in smaller infant sizes, too. At our local BRU, the "Vitamins Kids" clothing was on a rack in the midst of the boys section (not with the layette stuff). It was on a hanger, with the hat in a white mesh bag. Here's the style number, in case you have trouble finding it: #VZ1407BR.

Happy shopping, and best wishes for your baby!

amp
03-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Carolyn - So the 3T shirt was too big for Nate, even at his height and weight? I wanted the blue/red version, but they don't seem to have the shirt in 2T, so I was thinking of sizing up on the shirt, as I do with many other brands, but reading your post makes me wonder if that isn't a bad idea. I don't mind shirts a bit big, and in fact prefer it, but Jake is smaller than Nate. He's running about 33.25" and 26.5lbs and is comfortable in most 2T shirts. We do have a few 3T shirts from LE that he wears comfortably even though they are roomy on him, so I thought I could get away with it with the ringer tee too.

punrocker
03-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Andrea, did you want the red shirt with light blue trim in 2T? I actually still haven't sent back the red 2T that LE sent as a replacement. Although, they'll probably get it back in stock soon--it was backordered about 1 week when I called CS about receiving the wrong color the 2nd time around.

(BTW, my son is the same height as yours, but 2 lbs. lighter.)

urbanmama
03-12-2005, 01:55 PM
What a handsome little guy! I *love* his LE sets. He looks so cute and comfy!

amp
03-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Yep, that's the one I wanted. When I tried to put it in my cart, it didn't say it was backordered, it said it wasn't available. But the 2T pants were. Go figure.

punrocker
03-14-2005, 12:44 PM
If you have your heart set on the red 2T, it's still sitting in my kitchen (ready to go back to LE). :) I was planning to drop it off at the post office in the next few days.

I've had something similar happen with the "not available" message at LE--a jacket I really wanted was listed in my size, but when I clicked on my size, I got that message. I was determined to have it, though, so I periodically checked the website, and it reappeared after a week or so!

amp
03-14-2005, 02:38 PM
I think I'll wait and see if it comes in at LE, but thanks so much for the offer. DH is not loving the outfit but will consider it. I just want the ease of returning it if needed, so I'll keep checking stock. If I'm meant to get it, it'll come back in. Maybe when yours is returned?! Thanks!