PDA

View Full Version : First time buying Hanna zippers questions

jennifer_r
02-24-2005, 10:50 AM
I've finally been convinced to buy a zipper. Ofcourse I want instant gratification, and can't to wait for a code (oh, when is there going to be one?).

So, first, I am not too crazy about the wildflower color in the striped and best of friends zipper. Something is just "off" IMO. And the Fuschia/Tiger Orange is TOO bright for me - too bad they didn't use the pink/orange combo in the romper/dresses because that I really love. But I really love the Morning Green/Pool Blue zipper - is that too boyish for a girl? I was going to get the cottage one as well.

Second, my friend told me that if I got the zippers then I had to get the mocassins as well - they are great quality, cozy, and really make the outfit. What has been your experience with the mocs. Do you always get them?

DD is 26.5 inches, 15.3 lbs and is 6 months. I was going to get a 70. I know that it depends on the baby, but how long will that last her - will it get her into the fall?

Finally, I think I am going to purchase the Best of Friends zipper in blue (now I really like that color combo) for a gift for a newborn. He was born Feb. 14 and was 20 inches, 7 lbs at the time. What size should I get him - a 50 or 60? I'm thinking 60. They live in WI so they'll probably be able to wear this late into the spring.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/url] 5 months and counting!

LucyG
02-24-2005, 12:15 PM
My DD was about your DD's current size when I got her first zipper, and I got a 70. She just turned two years old, is 23 lb. and 30", and can still wear that 70 zipper!! It's getting a little short in the legs, but she's been wearing it for a full year. So, I would think a 70 would be fine for you for a while! Oh, and I have never gotten the Hanna mocs. I'm sure they are great, like all Hannas, but DD just wears socks with hers (to bed). If I had an infant, though, I could see that matching mocs would really complete the look for a daytime outfit.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
2 years and counting!

Dcclerk
02-24-2005, 01:04 PM
I love the mocs and HIGHLY recommend them. DS wears them every night he wears a zipper and though they are pilly now, they still fit great, don't come off, and have a fantastic, no-slip sole (not that this is probably a priority for you right now... ;) The mocs are the only thing that I buy from Hanna full price every time.

Personally, I don't think that the blue/green combo is too boyish, but I will admit that I have a similar one for my DS. Of course, I have every intention that babe #2, whatever gender s/he is, will wear it, too. Our 70s lasted a long time-- probably about 8 months. And our 80's are lasting over a year. I think, given the size of your babe, that 70s would be fine.

And for the sizing for the gift, I would definitely get the 60s. I just got some 60s for #2 and think they will last for a while. The 50s just seemed too small to get much use out of them to me.