PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for clogging up the board today!! (more pics)

friedmana1
02-25-2005, 01:20 AM
Sorry for cloggng up the board today, but I thought I would share a couple more pics of some things/colors we haven't seen from naartjie, etc.

First - Lace tank with linen loom capris. LOVE THIS! It is so simple, but adorable! We will be wearing this a lot!!!!!!!!!!

Second - same tank with the boden skirt from earlier. It looks MUCH better with this shirt than the one I had before.

Third - Ribbon hi low cami with linen lawn capris. Also adorable, but I am wondering about the durability of white linen pants with a 2 year old. Hmmmm....

Fourth - White linen lawn dress. I found this to run true to size. It just did not fit Leah well - the neck-hole almost came down to her nipples (hard to see here), and it looked funny on her. I didn't even try the pants on underneath because it looked so funny.

Fifth - Totally cute dress for school from Target. $5.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has the same flutter sleeves as this line from naartjie. Sorry for the bad pic, but this was the best one of the dress - Leah wouldn't stop running!

Thanks for looking!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22063.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22064.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22065.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22066.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22067.jpg

Phoebe
02-25-2005, 01:32 AM
Wow, don't apologize. I love looking at pictures of your little girl, and I really appreciate a clothing review.

I've been ignoring Naartjie lately, but that tee & blue pants are so sweet on Leah.

Mary
Daisy 4/01
Owen 6/03

zuzu
02-25-2005, 05:53 AM
I love seeing pictures of Leah! She looks so comfortable in her spring/summer outfits. I really like the first one. As for the white capris, they may not be very practical, but do look so sweet. Thanks for posting pictures - this helps me decide how to spend my KK.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

parkersmama
02-25-2005, 07:44 AM
She is being such a sweet little model for us! :) Thanks, Leah!

I love the first outfit! We have those pants in bluebell and I was planning to send them back. Maybe I should consider ordering a top to match.

I love the cami but I agree about the white pants. It's a really cute outfit but those pants would be destroyed around here! Maybe if you're only going to wear them for dressier occasions. And ITA about the white dress. I honestly haven't liked that dress on any of the kids I've seen it on. It's just funny looking to me. ??? I know that a ton of folks really love it, though.

And the Target dress is really cute! We had one from there last summer that looked a lot like that but was pink. I got it instead of getting the funky one from Gymbo's Sunshine Dreams line.

amazz
02-25-2005, 09:40 AM
I think you are seriously going to make me a Naartjie addict!! I can't buy anything else for Kami for Spring (her closet and draws are already brimming with clothes!) and am waiting to see about summer, but these clothes make me want to hop on over to that website and buy, buy, buy!!! :) Thanks so much for sharing!!

etc spelling

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

laurena
02-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Your daughter makes a beautiful model. Seeing her in these outfits makes me want to buy from Naartjie more than their own website does! I can't wait until my daughter starts walking so I can put her in dresses and skirts. I think once my DH discovers that I've found this board, he's gonna be bummed I quit my job... :) Please keep the pics coming!

khakismom
02-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Aimee, you've picked up some adorable stuff! Leah looks so cute. Hands-down favorite outfit is the third--the ribbon tank with the white LL capris. Simple, classic, and sweet. :)

friedmana1
02-25-2005, 11:31 AM
DON'T return the bluebell capris! They really are adorable! Just pair it with a simple white shirt, and you have a classic, comfy outfit.

ITA about the white dress - I love the idea of an irregular hem, but I didn't like the molly poppy one, and this one just lays funny.

I can't decide about whether to keep the white pants or not...I will save it for now, and see in a couple of months whether it will really work. The 90 day return policy thing is good for that!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

friedmana1
02-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Yes, this board is terrible for the wallet. :) Even DH says to me, "Oh, you have ANOTHER package in the mail." But, then he loves to see Leah dressed cutely, so in reality, he doesn't mind.

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

karin4
02-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Aimee, Leah is just beautiful. I love her curls...and the little bow in her hair is too cute.

I love the first outfit, and how the lace tank looks with the miniboden skirt, but my favorite is the cami with the white linen pants. I do understand your reservations about the wisdom of white linen for a 2-year-old, but I think I'd try to pull it off anyway. Wouldn't put them on her if we were going to be digging in the garden, but for mostly-inside days, or where you'd mostly be walking (trips to the zoo or museums, for e.g.), I think they'd survive!

And I'm with you (and everyone else) on the white dress...it just doesn't do anything for her, and looks kinda strange. I think this style works best on older girls.

Now I'm off to look out my window *again* for my very first Naartjie package, which should arrive today! (Second one is due tomorrow or Monday! I think I'm officially addicted. :P)

laurena
02-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Thank goodness my DH is like yours. If he were to ban me from this board, I'd be very sad!

lrucci
02-26-2005, 11:16 PM
You have some really cute outfits. I love the first Naartjie one - simple, but definitely sweet. I really like that Mini Boden skirt too.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03