PDA

View Full Version : question about Robeez 0-6mo./6-12mo. sizing

caleymama
02-26-2005, 03:05 PM
The baby has been wearing Caley's old 0-6 mo. pair of Robeez and they seem to be getting small. I dug out the pair of 6-12 mo. I had saved and they are enormous on her. There is a huge difference in size between the 0-6 and 6-12. Is this normal? The sole length on the 0-6 month ones we have is 4" (pink kitties) (ETA - I just remeasured and one is 4" and the other is 4 1/4"). The sole length on the 6-12 month ones is 4 3/4" - 5" (cream). Both have been washed and line dried at least once. She can't start wearing the 6-12 mo ones now because they are just too big but I feel like the 0-6 mo ones will be too short very soon, if they aren't already. Are these lengths (and the big jump in size) consistent with what others have experienced? Any suggestions for a different soft shoe that might fit this in-between stage better? We've never tried anything but Robeez.

Thanks!

mom2binsd
02-26-2005, 03:56 PM
I found the exact same problem, Maddie wore the 0-6 until about 10 months (she has very small feet) when we went to Nordstroms to get the next size I was shocked at how big the 6-12 were. The sales lady showed me that you can make them a little smaller by pulling the shoe backwards so the extra leather is at the back, it sort of worked and we just wore other shoes as well. The sales person says she hears the same complaint a lot from people. Hope this is helpful.

ellies mom
02-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Oh yeah, that is normal. Luckily for us, she was in that in between stage during the summer so I just left her barefoot (she wasn't walking). This time around I having been putting the 12-18 on, so that they'll start forming themselves to her feet. That really does help make them look better.

mom2aidan
02-26-2005, 11:30 PM
I had the same experience, the 6-12 was too big. I waited a month before I put it on him and it fit perfectly then.

trumansmom
02-28-2005, 01:30 AM
Yup. DD is right there as well. The weird thing is that some 0-6 still fit, and others don't. ALL 6-12 are too big though.

It's driving me nuts.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

mom2aidan
02-28-2005, 07:56 AM
I forgot to mention. Bobux and preschoolian shoes run smaller so that may be a good in-between until she fits on her Robeez.

CiderLogan
02-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Just wanted to say we experienced the same thing.... but you might just try different brands for this in-between stage. It's frustrating, isn't it?!

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

saschalicks
02-28-2005, 03:04 PM
I am in the same place but I'd rather DS wear the bigger ones with room than the smaller ones w/squished toes. HTH

stefani
02-28-2005, 04:47 PM
The same thing happened with DS, but it was with 6-12 mo and 12-18 mo sizes. I just let him wear the bigger size, and his feet will slide forward, so the "extra" part of the shoes is at the back. That didn't seem to bother him. After washing it a few times it seems to fit better (maybe his feet grew, and the shoes shrank, or the shoes "formed" to his feet?)

As for other brands, try Preschoolians or Bobux. Preschoolians especially has a smaller increments in sizes. They have the elastic ankle style with rubber bottom as well.

HTH.