PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how Oilily runs?

momtoemma
02-27-2005, 12:03 AM
I am on the quest for a birthday dress for my younger DD, and there is one in the Oilily catalog that I fell in love with. I'd post a link to the dress if it was on-line, but I couldn't find it on their website, only in the print catalog I received. Unfortunately I don't live near a store and will have to do mail order if I choose this dress. Does this brand usually run big or small? Also, are Oilily stores the only place to purchase their clothing in the U.S.?

Thanks!

QNP
02-28-2005, 06:53 AM
Hi Stephanie,
Great taste! Their children clothes are beautiful... just love love the colorful designs, whimsical details and quality fabrics/construction.
I had a chance to see their '05 spr/sum line while in Houston for a meeting. Couldn't resist buying several outfits for 6.5mo DD all in size 74 or 12mo. DD is 27" (right on the 75%tile line) and 15.8# (25%tile) at her 6mo check-up. All the dresses fit her at or just a tad below her knees, but girth-wise they're still quite loose. DD has alway been in the 75%tile for height, but for wt. it has slipped from 75%tile at birth to 25%tile. IME w/ this brand, DD should be able to wear these dresses as dresses until her first B-day and then as tunics/tops thereafter.
So far, this is my experience from past Oilily purchases from last Sept. Her 6mo sized pants fit length-wise until 2-3 weeks ago and girth-wise they're still a little loose. Being so slim, DD can still fit in their size 3mo pants that I got last Sept. but they're being worn as knickers. I only bought 1 dress in size 6mo from their '04 fall/wint collection. When she first wore the dress at 3 month of age, it hit right above her knees. She was able to wear the dress as a dress up until 3-4 weeks ago. Now, DD wears that dress as a tunic/top with her pants or capris. I found that by getting the coordinating bottom or bloomer, it can definitely extend the wear of a dress in my DD's case.
I hope this helps a little. BTW, what's the name of the dress that you're interested in? I might be able to give you more info. when we have the Oilily trunk show here in 10-11 days. I'm hoping to see a few more pieces from their collection, as Houston did not have everything when i was in town.
Good luck!

QNP
02-28-2005, 06:53 AM
Hi Stephanie,
Great taste! Their children clothes are beautiful... just love love the colorful designs, whimsical details and quality fabrics/construction.
I had a chance to see their '05 spr/sum line while in Houston for a meeting. Couldn't resist buying several outfits for 6.5mo DD all in size 74 or 12mo. DD is 27" (right on the 75%tile line) and 15.8# (25%tile) at her 6mo check-up. All the dresses fit her at or just a tad below her knees, but girth-wise they're still quite loose. DD has alway been in the 75%tile for height, but for wt. it has slipped from 75%tile at birth to 25%tile. IME w/ this brand, DD should be able to wear these dresses as dresses until her first B-day and then as tunics/tops thereafter.
So far, this is my experience from past Oilily purchases from last Sept. Her 6mo sized pants fit length-wise until 2-3 weeks ago and girth-wise they're still a little loose. Being so slim, DD can still fit in their size 3mo pants that I got last Sept. but they're being worn as knickers. I only bought 1 dress in size 6mo from their '04 fall/wint collection. When she first wore the dress at 3 month of age, it hit right above her knees. She was able to wear the dress as a dress up until 3-4 weeks ago. Now, DD wears that dress as a tunic/top with her pants or capris. I found that by getting the coordinating bottom or bloomer, it can definitely extend the wear of a dress in my DD's case.
I hope this helps a little. BTW, what's the name of the dress that you're interested in? I might be able to give you more info. when we have the Oilily trunk show here in 10-11 days. I'm hoping to see a few more pieces from their collection, as Houston did not have everything when i was in town.
Good luck!

writeleigh
02-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Their boy's stuff seems to run slightly small. Their 2T, for example, seems to be like an
18-24 month size in many other brands. I only have experience with the boys sizing, so I'm not positive it's the same for their girls stuff.

smilequeen
02-28-2005, 02:44 PM
The boy stuff I have seems slightly small to me too.

smilequeen
02-28-2005, 02:45 PM
The boy stuff I have seems slightly small to me too.