PDA

View Full Version : Recs for flexible sole fisherman sandals---

HHCs Mom
02-27-2005, 01:02 PM
I've decided that I would like to get DS some brown fisherman sandals for spring/summer. Since he will likely start walking during this time, they need to have a nice flexible sole. Can y'all recommend brands to look at for something like this?
Thanks!
Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

wagner36
02-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Charlie lived in his stride rite fisherman sandals last summer - we went through 3 pairs! He had the guppie, I believe, and also these ones with little fish cut in them.

I really like the stride rites - they also came in wide, which DS needs - his foot fat would smoosh through all of the other brands we tried....

ast96
02-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Another vote for Stride Rite. BUT I have an even more detailed suggestion: as someone here posted a while ago, SR has come out with "Baby Stages" shoes, specialized for the baby foot. I just bought my Charlie the brown fisherman sandals for "cruisers" (they come in navy and brown), and they are so cute! They are for crawlers, cruisers, and early walkers. They are SUPER flexible and have reinforcements at the toe (for traction when crawling). I really like them. Much lighter in weight than even the reggular Guppies, which were my older son's first shoe.

Allison
DS 06.02
DS 03.04

iujen94
02-27-2005, 03:39 PM
If you decide to go with SR, they are having a buy one, get one half off sale right now. The only problem will be guessing ahead as to what your DS's size might be this summer. FYI, I saw these fishermen sandals when I was stocking up for my DS at SR this weekend - they are SO cute and I was tempted to get them too, but didn't know how to predict what size we'd need this summer.

gour0
02-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I like the SKR sandals. :)
More flexible the SR.

Danny
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22234.jpg

Marek
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22236.jpg

gour0
02-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Although, I kept ds in something more like this Robeez sandal for the first 18 months.

http://robeez.com/product.aspx?ProductID=126&deptid=3&PriceCat=2&Lang=EN-US

and then preschoolians until 2 years.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22237.jpg

momceecers
03-01-2005, 01:27 AM
I guess I'm admitting my ignorance, but what is SKR? Are those the See Kai Run that everyone is talking about?

Cindy

gour0
03-01-2005, 07:32 AM
yes.

stefani
03-01-2005, 12:03 PM
I just received the Preschoolians sandals (like the one posted by Stacey) in Navy Nubuck with thin rubber bottom. The sole is very flexible (it is a requirement as far as I am concerned for Kiran's shoes now). It is great, and perfect for Kiran for the Summer. I was also eyeing the Marek style from See Kai Run. That one is not available until 15 Apr. The Marek is in Navy / black I think. The brown one I think is Danny, that might be available now. There is also a coop going on, you may want to check that out.

If you think that Harrison will not be walking outside that much, you can consider Robeez, Bobux, Shoo Shoos, etc. (with suede bottom). For me, Kiran now walks outside a lot so suede bottom just gets too obviously dirty, LOL.

HHCs Mom
03-01-2005, 02:43 PM
I am not sure how much Harrison will be walking outside. If he does, it will probably be in the yard and on the driveway. I have joined the co-op for See Kai Run and have been eyeing the Danny sandals. :) They are really cute! I just need to measure his foot and try to figure out what size I need to order. I saw the Stride Rite sandals the other day and they just aren't as flexible as I'd like, but I may not have been looking at the right ones. Flexibility is a major requirement for me, too. I also want him to have some Robeez since we are about to outgrow our 6-12 month ones. I have thought of about 5 different pairs of shoes that I want him to have, but I probably need to narrow down my choices a bit! :)

Thanks for the information everyone!
Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

sarsah
03-01-2005, 04:07 PM
My DS learned to walk last summer and had a pair of Munchkins (Stride Rite) fisherman sandals from the Stride Rite outlet.

I got him the same sandals for this summer too (found them on clearance at Kohl's for $4, so I bought two different sizes).

Sarah......mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

ast96
03-02-2005, 04:16 PM
You must not have been looking at the "cruiser" sandals. My baby's are so flexible I can bend them into a circle -- and then some.

I did keep my older DS in Robeez until he was about 14 months old, though, and he started walking at 11 months.

Allison
DS 06.02
DS 03.04