PDA

View Full Version : Hanna zippers question

jillmk
02-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Hello,
I just rec'd my first Hanna zipper that I ordered from the outlet. (We have lots of other Hanna's though!) When I pull on the fabric on either side of the top of the zipper, it unzips right down easily with no effort at all. Is that normal? My experience with other zip-ups is that they stay zipped up if the zipper pull is pointed down. If this is normal, has it ever been a problem for you--like kids undressing or unzipping at night? Thanks!

Jill

jess_g
02-28-2005, 03:01 PM
This does not happen with my sons holiday zipper which was also purchased at a Hanna outlet recently. On his the zipper stays zipped up if you pull on the fabric on both sides like you described. I think you should contact the outlet where you bought it and ask them if this is normal or not. They might even exchange it for another one that does not have this problem for you.

I can check my sons other holiday zippers for you if you like.

Jessica.

AdoptChina
02-28-2005, 04:06 PM
I had a couple of these that I ordered in the fall...I sent them back. You can call CS and tell them whats going on

lrucci
02-28-2005, 04:33 PM
I have a few a these from last year. I never noticed the problem until someone else on the boards had the same issues. I think there was a problem with their zipper machine last year. The new ones I ordered in the fall are fine.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

LucyG
03-01-2005, 08:06 AM
I had this problem with the umbrella print zipper that I ordered from the catalog last year. I returned it, and exchanged it for a zipper that does not have that issue. Hanna CS told me that this (the too-easily pulled zipper) flaw occurs every now and then. They took it back with no questions asked. I would definitely call and/or go to the store to exchange your zipper!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
2 years and counting!