PDA

View Full Version : Our Naartjie, Part 2 (if you can stand it...)

karin4
02-28-2005, 09:17 PM
I had a cooperative model today, so we took lots of pictures. I'm so happy with our Naartjie things. Thanks so much to all of you who posted your pictures and reviews-- I never would have tried them if not for you. I'm even over my fear of their ordering process!

Balloons were my latest photo-taking tool, and while they turn out to be terrific for ensuring a happy model, they're just as effective at ensuring a very, very fast model. All that is to say some of these pics are kind of blurry....

These are the linen lawn fancy butterfly pants, in new orange. I like the color a lot-- kind of like a creamsicle! I paired them with the WFF pieced top from gymbo in the first picture, and with a very cute little polka dot tank from Old Navy in the second and third. Try to overlook the white tee under both tops-- didn't want to undress her all the way.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22301.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22302.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22303.jpg

These are the same pants paired with the white candy print ruffle sleeve tee. I like this tee a lot, but like the pants better with the other tops.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22305.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22306.jpg

Here's the molly wrap tunic in canary, with the essential mid-calf pants also in canary. I love the color; unfortunately, my camera didn't do a very good job of capturing it.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22307.jpg

I loved the molly tunic so much that when Lisa (ltippins) offered her cloud one up on Swap, I jumped at it. Here it is with eyelet-trimmed mid-calf pants. Thanks again, Lisa!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22308.jpg

And last, here are the same pants with the rose dress that we also got from Lisa. I love this dress, but haven't completely decided whether to keep it because it fits so well now that I can't imagine Eliza will still fit in it next year.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22309.jpg

Thanks for making it this far!

lctippins
02-28-2005, 09:51 PM
What a fantastic model! I'll have to try your balloon technique... Kendall is a reluctant model, at best.

I'm loving the linen lawn fancy pants - great color, and looks like they match well with the Gymbo top. The tank top from ON looks really good with the pants too.

The cloud outfits look beautiful on her. If the dress is for this spring/summer, you should definitely keep it. The price was right and I bet you could get about what you paid for it this time next year on eBay or Swap!

Lisa - Mom to Kendall 6/6/03

karin4
02-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Thanks, Lisa! The balloon technique works well except my digital's lag means I miss a lot of shots. I love the linen pants also-- and I think they'll be really comfy in hot weather.

You've pretty much summed up what I'm thinking about the dress, too. Eliza can easily still get 2 months use out of it now, which isn't bad itself for the cost. I'm also thinking it might be one of those loose-fitting dresses that will still look good a little short with leggings. And if it's not, I am sure someone else will give it a good home next year!

kalebsmama
02-28-2005, 10:23 PM
I love your outfits! Your DD looks great in all of them! I haven't seen any of the orange color on kids here yet. I like it! Of course, I'm totally envious that you got the cloud molly tunic! Every time I see it I kick myself for not getting one before they sold out! I LOVE that color!

BTW, I love Eliza's red hair - how many red-heads do you have? Both of my siblings have red hair and I'm so bummed that I don't! (I was really glad growing up though!)

supersparkee
02-28-2005, 10:28 PM
She is so cute in her outfits!!! All of the colors look so great on her, especially the orange and cloud. And I love mixing Naartjie with other lines - one of my fav outfits from this winter was the Naartjie flutter (orange) butterfly top with some fuschia velvet jeans from baby gap.

What sizes did you get?

urbanmama
02-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Karin,

I love your choices!! Eliza is such a cutie! I swear that all of you Naartjie-lovers are wearing me down. I might just have to try ordering from them again.

lrucci
02-28-2005, 10:34 PM
The balloon worked well, you captured some great shots. I really like the new orange pants. It's great that they match so well with the WFF and ON.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

SJ mom
02-28-2005, 10:44 PM
That orange color is AMAZING on her!

khakismom
02-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Eliza looks so cute in her new duds, and looks like she is having such a great time with her balloons! That new orange color really suits her, especially with her gorgeous hair color. I love the cloud stuff on her too. She looks adorable and so comfy in everything!

MariFP
02-28-2005, 11:18 PM
She is so cute!! The color orange is fantastic on her. Love it! Thanks for sharing!

karin4
03-01-2005, 10:20 AM
I have three redheads! Four, if I count myself. All the kids except Sam, my 4-year-old, have red hair, although Eliza's is the brightest. The oldest two do sometimes wish they had Sam's light brown hair instead, and I know I hated having red hair as a child. I like it now, though!

I agree about cloud-- it is such a pretty shade. And I love the orange. I had bought the gymbo top weeks ago, and have been keeping my eyes open for a pair of orange pants in the right shade and style. These were perfect-- and I love the little butterflies at the ankle.

karin4
03-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Amy--
Sorry I forgot to post sizes! Ooops. Most pieces are 2Ts. The cloud tunic and rose dress are 18-24, as are the both the cloud and canary capris. Eliza is about 33-34 inches and 23-24 pounds, and this seems to be the right mix of sizes. We have a couple 2T bottoms, and they are wide, but I really don't know that they're much wider than a lot of bottoms on her. Lots of pants fall down on her; I've gotten good at using safety pins to take them in until she grows.

Naartjie's mix-ability is one of the things I like about them. The pieces seem to go well with not only a lot of their own things, but other stuff as well.

karin4
03-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi Marie!
Thanks for your nice words! I think you must give them another shot. A lot of people have posted specific SAs to ask for, so hopefully you'll aviod another debacle. And your girls would just be so cute in some of this stuff would just look so great on your pretty blondies!

zuzu
03-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Eliza is adorable! The orange is great, and how wonderful that it matches with non-Naartjie things. I don't think there is a color that wouldn't look good on her! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Melissa, mom to sarah (5/03)

supersparkee
03-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Karin - I just PM'd you!

parkersmama
03-01-2005, 11:19 AM
How cute! I really like the orange pants with the ON top or the white b-fly top. Both look really adorable!

And all the other outfits are terrific! You did a great job choosing colors for her! I think you should go ahead and have her wear the cloud dress now. I've been putting that exact same outfit on AG for the last couple of weeks and I love it! It looks great on and it's a nice change from all the winter stuff.

karin4
03-01-2005, 11:34 AM
PM back at you!

karin4
03-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Melissa, Mariana, Maureen, SJ Mom and Lisa--
Thank you all for your sweet comments! I hope none of you mind the group response-- since you all made similar comments, I just thought it made sense.

The orange is really a pretty shade-- definitely brighter than peach, but nice and creamy, not too bright. There are actually a lot of colors that don't look good on her, especially bright primaries, so I'm always happy when a bright shade does compliment her.

Absolutely loving Naartjie right now!

karin4
03-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks, Denise! And thank you for prompting me to post more photos-- she had a ball with balloons everywhere, and I got some shots I really like. I love the pants with the ON top, too-- but I'm so happy with all of the things I've gotten from Naartjie so far. I don't think I can pick a favorite. Now I'm getting ready to try some boy things for Sam! Have you tried any for Wesley or Parker?

Devinsmom
03-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Absolutely adorable!!