PDA

View Full Version : Stroller fashion poll: Help me pick!

AvasMama
03-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Which stroller would Ava look cutest in? Oh, and would also meet our needs -- relatively lightweight, but still comfy enough that Ava will sit in it. This is meant to replace the Mac Volo she hates and complement the Bug. Will be used primarily for errands/malls/travel. And lest you think this is really a question for the stroller board, may I remind you that this is just as much about fashion as it is about strolling :)

Thanks!!

DebbieJ
03-01-2005, 09:55 AM
What does she hate about the Volo? A lot of kids don't like the recline of the seat, so I don't know if another Mac is going to solve your problem.

~ deb
DS 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

ktdid74
03-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I answered the Techno because it's probably the most comfy with padding. If she doesn't like the Volo, do you think she'll like other Macs? Does she not like the slope? I just got the pink Volo and DD loves it! I think it's because it looks like her doll stroller. She'll sit in it just to watch a show :)
Hmmm, the Techno's not really lightweight though. If I had to choose one for Mackenzie, it would be the KS Quest! But, then you gotta find a matching diaper bag...

AvasMama
03-01-2005, 10:06 AM
I have no idea why she doesn't like it. The only thing I can guess is that she sort of seems to slump down in it. I thought maybe a more substantial Mac would help, but maybe not? So what to get instead? I looked at the Swifts, but just don't like the look.

Robyn & Ava

jk3
03-01-2005, 10:10 AM
We have the Quest and the Techno - don't ask - and I would recommend the Quest if you need a lightweight yet versatile stroller. They're both great but the Techno is a bit too much of a stroller to be a true lightweight IMO. The new design is so cute + the pink Mod would be perfect for Ava! The Quest is much more comfortable than the Volo + the new one has some neat features like the see-through hood. Enjoy!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

AdoptChina
03-01-2005, 10:12 AM
when we went stroller shopping with DD, she hated the Macs because of the slant of the seat. Id definitely try Ava in a few other Macs (since she hates the Volo) to make sure she likes them.

jamierush
03-01-2005, 10:14 AM
I love the Mac Quest in that new Rose. LOVE IT!

tsem
03-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I also have a new quest for my dd (10mo) and we love it! I was thinking about the pink but since I dress her alot in pink I thought the stroller and her little outfits would clash-kwim? I ended up with the blue denim. It looks nice with her blue eyes and her clothes tend to stand out more. I also have a red E3, great for going out with her older brother, and it really pops and stands out at the park.
Traci

mindeva
03-01-2005, 10:30 AM
I voted for the Quest Mod in Rose Pink. We got one last month & I absolutely love it. Harper is very comfy in it & she is quite a bit younger than Ava. Here's the only pic I have...we took it to an indoor water park last month. I'll admit I live in stroller wasteland, but everytime I take it to the mall or anywhere, I literally get attacked with questions. What kind of stroller is that? Where did you get it? People even get out a piece of paper and write it down. It is just the cutest thing, while also being very functional.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22322.jpg

Samraelanelevi
03-01-2005, 10:53 AM
I voted for the Techno b/c I had one and loved it! Also if you have a volo then you'd have the super ligthweight for quick trips (eventually she may decide she likes it) and then the Techno for more all day trips.

Though I tend to agree with the others that it might be all macs that she will not like b/c of the seat. And maybe she would prefer something with the bumper bar or tray in the front. I know Levi loves his P3. We have the triumph and he also likes that, but he's almost 2 so I think that makes a difference.

AvasMama
03-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Oh my gosh -- she is adorable in that stroller (and out of it too, of course!). I'm totally sold on the pattern now.

Robyn & Ava

Phoebe
03-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Robyn,

If you think you might have more children, I would suggest the PegPerego P3. That's what I have, and I really like it for a number of reasons, but mostly the toddler step on the back. It's just the coolest feature.

And, to address your very serious concerns about fashion, I belive the new P3s are made in bright colors like red and pink.

If you're looking for something more lightweight, the Chicco Caddy is a good umbrella stroller. It comes in red, green and yellow, I think.

Mary
Daisy 4/01
Owen 6/03

jamierush
03-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Look, now you guys might have done it. I have stayed away from strollers for almost 10 months now, and i want to go trade my perfectly new Quest in for another. LOL

Look how sweet she looks in that stroller!

parkersmama
03-01-2005, 11:25 AM
I *love* our bright RED P3!! :) It is great for carrying that extra child.

parkersmama
03-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I love the first two but the pink on the techno might get dirty quickly. The quest has a terrific fabric that's so funky and vibrant but won't show dirt as easily so I voted for it!

lrucci
03-01-2005, 11:40 AM
I love the Quest in Rosepink. If I was certain we would have another girl, this would be at the top of my list. If I had known you were considering the Quest, I could have had you try mine out on Saturday. I really like it. It is lightweight and easy to carry around. Kyleigh slumps a little in it, but if you adjust the straps enough it should work.

Oh, I also think Ava would look adorable in it and it would complement her new wardrobe very nicely. She must look fashionable -something one needs to think about when purchasing a stroller. Who says that strollers are just for riding in. :)

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

mykidzmom
03-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Have you looked at the Silver Cross mini or micro in pink? They are sooo cute! I haven't seen them IRL, but I've heard rave reviews about them. I too have a Bug, but just recently purchased an Aprica for our everyday needs. It's very lightweight (9.5 lbs.), and it opens and folds with one hand. Strollers are my other addiction, along with clothes, and diaper bags!! :)

Little Ladybug
03-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I voted for the Mac Quest Mod in RosePink - It's just too darling! I'm actually thinking of getting it in Shale or Insignia for DS as a lighter weight stroller to complement our P3. Also, to echo the previous poster, we also have a Silver Cross Micro (in the plaid Ascot fabric, but the pink is precious), and love it, too! It's very lightweight, and I get tons of compliments on it.

momathome
03-01-2005, 02:23 PM
I just got the Mac Mod Quest in Rose Pink a few weeks ago and I love it - it is so cute! The fabric was a lot softer than I was expecting it to be and Kasey just loves her pink stroller! www.arunningstroller.com is where I ordered mine from - $199, free shipping, no tax, and a free Mac Universal Organizer thrown in with your order - it's just awesome! Let us know what you decide!

tadylkat
03-01-2005, 09:59 PM
"And maybe she would prefer something with the bumper bar or tray in the front."

Yeah that. I have a Mac Techno XT that I bought for dd last summer when I was in Ireland. It's so cute with a little foot muff and all. It's a great stroller, but she hates it. :lol She much prefers the Perego I have from when ds was a toddler. It has the bar in front so she is not strapped back to the seat so much. It's more roomy and cushy too. That said, I really love the mod pattern.

anutalp
03-01-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm dying for Zapp so I would suggest to try Zapp in orange :) It's realy lightweight and comfy.
Let us know what you'll decide.

June Mommy
03-02-2005, 02:25 PM
The Rose pink is so adorable! But I voted for the KS, simply because I would want to live vicariously through you! And you must have the matching diaper bag!