PDA

View Full Version : More Naartjie (including orange!)

parkersmama
03-01-2005, 02:10 PM
I know that we're all overwhelmed with Naartjie but these are some of the newer pieces that we haven't seen pics of yet. Hope you all don't mind. :) She was really into playing and putting on those pink shoes (which are the ones she's wearing with her winter outfit for real today). LOL!

Woven Scarf Blouse in new orange (sz 3) and Butterfly Pants with Ruffle in canary (2T)...what do you guys think? I like the pants and I like the orange color but I'm not sure about the combo. The shirt is a tad scratchy IMO. I wanted to get something in canary but that yellow doesn't look as great by AG's face which is why I tried to find something else.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%20030105/20050301002.jpg

Lace Tank Top in clear (2T) and Essential Spotted Pants in clear (sz 3)...I really love both the top and pants but I'm not in love with the combo. What about this top with the canary butterfly pants from above??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%20030105/20050301004.jpg

Poplin Butterfly Spot Dress in fluffy (2T) and Essential Spotted Pants in fluffy (sz 3)...This is the only set that I really *love*! I just think she looks so adorable in it. :) The second pic is to show more of the pants - I really love the spots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%20030105/20050301008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%20030105/20050301010.jpg

toomanystrollers
03-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Overwhelmed with pics - never!! You're just aiding my newest addiction :)

And I absolutely love the last dress combo!!! And I really like the clear combo that you're on the fence about - such a good color for AG.

As for the orange - what color is Naartjie calling it? I don't see it on their site?? I love the color, but maybe some sort of matching linen type bottoms?

toomanystrollers
Opps - gotta love duplicate replys :)

squimp
I love the fluffy and the orange/canary outfit. The orange looks really cute on her - but she really looks so cute in everything :). And the canary is a good contrast, but I wonder if the pink would be too. (Love pink and orange together)

Pairing the clear top with the canary pants is a good idea. That clear looks blue on the website, but it's really green, huh! Seeing your little one helps me figure out what to do with my KK. I had been avoiding that dress, but now.....:)

And I must know, where are those shoes from? We need deep pink shoes, and I looove t-straps, especially the L'amour ones but I can't trust Sophia with velcro yet.

starrynight
03-01-2005, 02:42 PM
She is adorable Denise! I like the clear outfit, I think it looks really cute together :). The other outfits I like too, the first one I like both pieces but like you mentioned, not so sure as a combo.

karin4
03-01-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm so glad to see the new orange with the canary butterfly prints-- I had thought about getting our butterfly print top in canary instead of white, but asked the SA which color she thought looked better with the orange linen pants, and she went with the white. Now that I've seen them together, I'm not sure I would have made the same decision-- think I would have gone with the canary! Ah well, there's always the next order.

I think the clear tank would be wonderful with the canary pants! And you're right-- AG is just precious in that fluffy dress!

lrucci
03-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Denise,

Oh, she looks very pretty in those colors. I esp. like the new orange. I wasn't planning on ordering anymore Naartjie at the moment, but now I'm reconsidering. I've spent so much in the last month, that I really have to restrain myself.

It's so ironic that you posted today because just this morning I was thinking that I haven't seen any AG pics in the past few weeks.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

supersparkee
03-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Denise - That pink dress set looks GREAT on her. That's definitely a keeper the way it is.

I love both the new orange top and the butterfly pants but I think the pieces might look better with other items. I think the canary color looks great when paired with clear so I think the solid clear top you got would look really cute with the canary butterfly pants. I'm thinking of doing that because I got a full outfit in canary and I think maybe it's just too much yellow! And conversely, you could try the orange top with the clear pants, although I can't envision right now how that would look. I've also seen that top paired with the solid white eyelet capris - if you have those, that might also work.

And we never mind it when you share pics of AG. She's one of our favorite models :)

mamahill
03-01-2005, 08:39 PM
DANG - AG looks fabulous. I've avoided going into Naartjie for a while now, so this is the first I'm seeing the new stuff (have even avoided the web site!). Shoot - I love shopping for Spring stuff!

pritchettzoo
03-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Pam--it's "New Orange" and only in the woven scarf blouse (or at least on the website, that's all I've found).

Denise--what a cutie pie! AG pics are always a treat.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

parkersmama
03-01-2005, 08:57 PM
They have pants that match the orange top exactly. They are the same fabric with the "scarf effect" around the hem. They are cute but I don't feel drawn to an entire orange outfit and the fabric is just a bit too scratchy for me. As much as I like the color, I'll probably be returning it. :( They don't have any of the knits in this color, only the linen things.

parkersmama
03-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Jana, the shoes are from Willets. I got them at our local children's store but you can find them online, too. They are great because they come in 1/2 sizes and wide. And, a big plus for me too...they buckle instead of velcro! :)

parkersmama
03-01-2005, 09:00 PM
The more I hold them up together, I'm thinking that the clear tank and canary pants look great together! If I can get a cooperative model, I'll try to take a pic tomorrow. :)

parkersmama
03-01-2005, 09:09 PM
I have *two* pairs of the white eyelet capris! LOL! One in 18-24mos and one in 2T. I'm planning to keep them both so we can have them all summer. :) I'll try the top on with them and see how I like it. I'm definitely liking the look of the clear top with the canary bottoms so that may turn out to be a keeper. AND, I ended up ordering your canary skirt outfit!! LOL! Two slight changes...they didn't have the 2T top so I ended up with a 3 which looks a tiny bit different and I got the canary/ribbon striped pants to go underneath instead of the solid canary. :) I can't wait...the outfit is sooo cute on Eva!

urbanmama
03-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Denise,

I love everything!! AG is such an adorable little model!!

OK, you Naartjie fans are wearing me down! I'm thisclose to taking the plunge again. But, if I do, I'll be bugging all of you with tons of questions!!

parkersmama
03-02-2005, 11:46 AM
You know I'd be happy to help you choose some things to order! }(

lctippins
03-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Great pics! I think the clear tank would look great with the butterfly pants. I also like the way the the clear tank looks with the spotted pants, but then I'm a very matchy-matchy type of person. What do you think about the idea of polka dots on top and bottom? A couple of people have posted pics of their DDs in this combo, but I'm thinking it might work better for the babies.

Question for you about the pants. I ordered the butterfly pants in 18-24m and they're huge in the waist (a la the New Rose Pants w/stripe frill and the Mid Calf Rib Pants w/eyelet trim). I'm wondering whether the Essential Spotted Pants might be a little smaller in the waist (more like the Essential Solid Mid Calf Pants). I'd really like to get one outfit from the butterfly line, but I'm having a tough time putting one together! It would be so much easier if we could see the clothes IRL, don't you think?

Lisa - Mom to Kendall 6/6/03

urbanmama
03-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks (I think... LOL!)! I'm quite serious. I think I'm going to dive in again soon, but I feel like I'm going to need a lot of opinions and hand-holding before I try again. You may be sorry that you volunteered to help!!

friedmana1
03-02-2005, 07:57 PM
OMG! So cute! I told you this stuff was TDF! I personally love the pink dress (you know we have the same one), but a close second would be the clear lace tank. I think you should put it with the canary pants and it would look stunning!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

parkersmama
03-02-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure that this comparison will work for you but I have the butterfly pants in 2T and the spotted pants in 3. The waist on the 3 is about 3/4"-1" smaller than the 2T. They are also about 1/2" shorter. In all the new rose stuff, the 2T pants were way too big for AG but in the butterflies she can wear the 2T pants. I think they are running a touch smaller. I think it would be worth having one of the SAs hold up the two pairs of 18-24mos pants together and give you a comparison! Good luck!

heidi_timms
03-02-2005, 09:42 PM
AG looks adorable! The fluffy dress is my fav of the group. I love all of the new tanks and tops they have. That linen loom top is so cute and the orange is sooo pretty. I hope the orange is carried over to the next line.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03