PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie shipping - OUCH!

firsttimemommy
03-01-2005, 04:45 PM
So I was inspired by all the beautiful beautiful babes on this board in their Naartjie duds and placed an order (shipping = $7). Then after further research and the arrival of our first order I realized I made some sizing boo-boos. SOOOO I placed another order (shipping = $7) Finally got the right sizes, loved basically one outfit and sent the rest back (shipping = $5.40). After figuring all the shipping to and from, the ONE Naartjie outfit cost me $45! OUCH! I don't pay that for Gymbo woven stuff!

On a side note, we LOVE LOVE the outfit, and have since seen more beautiful combos on the babes here that I would love to try, but I am a little spooked by the shipping/returns costs! Am I just being a cheapskate? I can't help but figure in shipping as the "cost" of something. I know they had free shipping recently, do they have that often? Although I would probably be scared to wait for or chance that b/c they sell out of stuff so quickly it seems!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

stillplayswithbarbies
03-01-2005, 04:50 PM
That is why you see so many "For sale before return" on the swap groups. It's better to sell it to someone else and let them pay shipping from your house to theirs. You have to go to the post office either way, might as well save yourself some money.

And there is always someone who is looking for exactly what you are sending back.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

toomanystrollers
03-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Another tip, naartjie has a 90 day return policy (I believe) - so I tend to hang onto potential returns and send them all back at once.

And like Karen recommended, you should definitely post your items on BBB swap first :)

cinrein
03-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Also keep in mind that now you've tried some Naartjie IRL and probably won't have the sizing boo-boos in the future. It also helps to ask here how certain lines are running size-wise before ordering.

If you have any local mamas who like Naartjie too, you can order together and split the shipping/returns.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

pritchettzoo
03-01-2005, 05:39 PM
I've heard that they refund shipping for exchanges (but not returns). You could call and ask--say it's your first order and you love it and were just wondering what the exchange policy is. :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

jdst1
03-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes, I was wondering about the BBB Naartjie swap groups. Can someone list what they are (addresses) and if any have restrictions?
Thanks,
Judy

firsttimemommy
03-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks everyone!

I did save it all and ship it back together in an effort to save in that respect - but b/c I had to make several initial orders, it was all pricey to ship to me.

As far as the swap groups, I will ck on there, but tend to be too impatient to wait for the right size or color or whatever to pop up (and it didn't seem to last time around!)

You are right though, my sizing guesstimates will be better next time since I am no longer a Naartjie virgin!

Thanks again for your input and for introducing me to Naartjie - I really do love the clothes and I love seeing all the models on this board in them!!!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."