PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie 101

momceecers
03-02-2005, 12:51 AM
I am new to BBB and had never even heard of Naartjie until two days ago. Can anyone give me the 411 on these clothes? I live really close to Valley Fair, So I am thinking of going tomorrow to see what it is all about. Do they have sales? What are KK? How is the durability of this brand? Actually any advice/info would be cool. I tried doing a search, but can't wade through all the info. Enlighten me please!!

Newbie Cindy

toomanystrollers
03-02-2005, 06:30 AM
Welcome to BBB :)

How I dream of living close to a Naartjie store!! I have to have everything shipped. Lets see the 411 on Naartjie - it's all about the girls' clothing. The boys' lines just don't impress me. Durability - great - Naartjie is prewashed and IMO takes a beating.

KK = Kids' Kash (similiar to Gymboree's Gymbucks)

Sizing: the bottoms run big and the tops run small (or sometimes true to size). My 20 m.o. wears a 18-24 Naartjie bottom but she can wear a 2 or even size 3 top. In Gymboree stuff, she wears strictly 2t for now.

Sales - yes, apparently there is a 15% off sale starting this Thursday I believe. Naartjie usually sends out sale coupons to their mailing list customers in the area.

HTH

parkersmama
03-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Lucky you!! I would love to have a Naartjie store nearby! Of course, then I'd probably be even more broke than I already am. :D

I agree with Pam...it's all about the girls clothes! I did just order my first outfit for my (Naartjie size 7) son and I really like it. The shirt is soft and comfy, the colors are nice and bright, and the shorts fit really well. Unfortunately, a lot of their boys things are covered in skater graphics which do nothing for me. :(

I find that a lot of the knit pants run long and more narrow than the woven items. Occasionally a line runs smaller though like the current butterflies line. My dd is mostly wearing 18-24mos pants from Naartjie for summer but in the butterfly stuff she can wear the 2T. Also, almost always, 2T pants run wider in the waist than the size 3 so you can often size up (especially in capris) and get a better fit. For summer, we have things in 18-24mos, 2T, and size 3!! LOL! Strange spread of sizes. Sometimes the sales associates are helpful with sizing but a lot of times the best way is to read the things other folks are saying about the sizing. Two good places to get info: www.naartjielove.com and www.gymborebel.com One is dedicated to Naartjie and the other has a very active Naartjie section.

So, for the most part, I order tops and dresses in the size that I'm buying my dd in all other brands (for summer: 2T) and buy the pants one size down. That seems to work really well. Oh, also, Naartjie socks run big!

momceecers
03-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Thanks Pam and Denise. I think I may have to go to the mall tomorrow, get on the mailing list and see what they've got. Take care

Cindy

Buffys Mommy
03-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Welcome Cindy!

I also live close to Valley Fair. It has it's advantages ;)

Naartjie is on the lower level near Gymboree and Children's Place across from the play area.

I love Naartjie. But, I did walk in and out of the store at least 3 times before I bought anything. To me the store was very small and overwhelming. I love the mix and match quality of the clothes however. Most of the employees are very helpful and will be happy to help you coordinate outfits.

Have fun!

Tammie
Momma to Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] 16 months and counting

MariFP
03-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks for this post!
I got a knit pants in 2T and the woven poppy shirt in 3T. The pants are huge on the waist. The top is perfect, maybe one size up would be even better.
I really want to get the butterfly skirt but I like the big girl's version better. Do you guys think size 3 will be huge?
DD is around 27-28lbs and 35'' long and I am getting her Gymbo in 3T for summer.
Here she is (I put a long sleeve shirt under because it was cold, thank you New England weather. I am so ready for Spring!)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22389.jpg

karin4
03-02-2005, 11:03 PM
The big girl's skirt won't be huge-- several of the moms here have bought the 3T for their daughters who are about your DDs age and size, and they look adorable.
The poplin blouse looks great on your daughter! The cloud color really flatters her.

parkersmama
03-03-2005, 08:22 AM
I *love* that outfit!! So cute. Sorry that the pants are so big. Maybe try looking for the 18-24mos or the size 3. I think we have the 18-24 in those and they fit well. My dd is about the same size as yours (maybe a tad smaller) and I just ordered the big girl skirt for her. It might come today. I'll take pics to show you the fit!

MariFP
03-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks everyone!! I am going ahead and get the size 3 for the skirt :) I hope it fits! I see all your DD's pictures and they are so adorable in all the Naartjie clothes. You created another addicted LOL!