PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on this J&J dress!!!

urbanmama
03-02-2005, 01:34 PM
I fell in love with this J&J dress from the layette line "Garden Party". At first I bemoaned the fact that it was layette only, but once I looked at the 12-18 month size I wondered if it would in fact fit Ella Paige. By the time I decided to try it, my store was sold out of that size, so they ordered it for me from online. I just got it and I'm torn.

It is so cute on! I love the detailing and the fact that it is simple and a lot more casual than a lot of J&J's pieces. And I want to say that it fits her with some room to spare, but I wonder if I'm deluding myself?? So, I thought I'd come here for some opinions.

Do you think this will work until at least early to mid-summer? There is a similar dress coming out at J&J that is also pink (maybe paler though?), but it has cap sleeves and does not have the embroidery along the bottom of the dress. At least in the pictures I don't like it as much as this one. But I may love it IRL and it will go up to bigger sizes.

Opinions, please :) .

Edited to delete pics

writeleigh
03-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Ella Paige is so pretty! And that dress is very sweet. I definitely think there is growing room. It is a short sleeve dress, which is probably quite forgiving in size anyway (the sleeves won't look too short, and the length can really be cute even if it were shorter - like to her knee).

sugarsnappea
03-02-2005, 02:20 PM
I agree. I love this dress, it is so simple and sweet. EP looks beautiful in this shade of pink.

AvasMama
03-02-2005, 02:21 PM
I think it looks great! Keep it! At least keep it until the new line comes out and then decide, but I think it has a decent amount of growing room.

Robyn & Ava

Phoebe
03-02-2005, 02:50 PM
I like it a lot. Since there's growing room and we have lots of warm weather ahead of us, you should keep it. And I'd cut the tags off and let her wear it now... weather permitting, of course :)

The pink looks so pretty on her with her little blond curls. Also, if the other dress is a more pale pink, I'd skip it. Very pale shades don't look good on babies since their skin is so light anyway - it just washes them out.

I know, me and my big opinionated mouth.

Mary
Daisy 4/01
Owen 6/03

lrucci
03-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Marie,

That is such a pretty dress and it looks so cute on EP. It seems like there is enough growing room to last for awhile. Even if she grows a few inches, the length will still be ok. Wait until the new line comes out and then you can compare - the lookbook is so hard to go by most of the time.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

lmladuke
03-02-2005, 04:43 PM
I think its adorable and I think that there is some room for growth also. If it gets too short, maybe you can put a solid color pair of capri leggings underneath it???

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

parkersmama
03-02-2005, 04:52 PM
It looks to me like it will fit for a while. I think the bodice would be the main concern. When it starts to get tight, you'll have to retire the dress. :( It looks really pretty on her!

karin4
03-02-2005, 05:45 PM
You're not deluding yourself! The dress fits just fine, and it's so sweetly pretty. It looks beautiful on EP. I'd absolutely keep it.

urbanmama
03-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Thanks for your comments, everyone! EP will be 2 next month so it seems so *wrong* to be buying her a 12-18 month dress now, kwim?? So, I needed some reassurance that it looks okay.

I compared it to several of her dresses that she is wearing now and it is definitely longer, so it may be okay. There is actually a lot of room in the bodice. I'm mainly concerned about the length. I don't like dresses too short.

So, I think I'll keep it-- for now at least. I will check out the new J&J one to see if I like it better than I did in the lookbook. I'm really hoping that this one works out though. It really is prettier than it appears online!

tigalig
03-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I love it on her and I vote to keep it. I think there's plenty of growing room and even if she goes through a growth spurt and she only wears it for several months, if you love it, it's worth it. : )

urbanmama
03-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks!!

BTW, I haven't "seen" you around for a while. I'm glad you posted!

friedmana1
03-03-2005, 02:16 PM
ITA! When it gets too short, just try Hanna's eyelet bloomers or something like that. Very sweet, classic dress. I can see why you liked it...

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

colleenfs
03-03-2005, 05:00 PM
The dress is gorgeous, and Ella looks adorable in it. There is plenty of room for growth. I know how you feel about buying smaller sizes, but I feel like J&J dresses and pants run very large.

Think I could squeeze my size 4 Julia in an 18-24? LOL!

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05
http://lilypie.com/baby4/020110/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050723/0/25/1/+10/.png