PDA

View Full Version : onesies or undershirts for newborns??

skohng
03-02-2005, 03:32 PM
hi all,

i'm so sorry if this has been asked before...

i'm wondering if newborns are better off wearing onesies or shirts right after birth. i hear onesies aren't good for the umbilical cord, but then i hear shirts and pants can rub against the sensitive area too.

so...what should i buy more of?

squimp
03-02-2005, 05:24 PM
We had a couple of t-shirts, which were good for until the cord came off. But that phase only lasts about a week, after which onesies are better. T-shirts can ride up and get bunched around baby's armpits for some reason. You can put a onesie over the cord, you just want to be sure its nice and loose (you will likely be putting more clothes over whatever your baby wears).

We preferred the onesies until DD started walking. And even still, because they cover up plumber butt :)!

iluvmy2boys
03-02-2005, 06:47 PM
personally I thought tshirts were a ROYAL PITA so I just used onesies with my little guys. My oldest DS's cord lasted 3weeks and my youngest DS's cord lasted just under 2weeks. the onesie never seemed to bother them!

AngelaS
03-02-2005, 09:43 PM
I always have just used onesies---even in the hospital. Tee shirts are stupid in my honest opinion. LOL They ride up and what purpose do they serve??

Not to mention that if you work at the cord stump, it'll fall off in a week to 10 days and then you're left with a bunch of little shirts that just bunch up and leave their middles exposed. :P