PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find cotton nightgowns?

parkersmama
03-02-2005, 10:02 PM
I'd like to get a nightgown for Amy Grace for this summer but the only ones I've seen are at Gymbo. They are cute but they're polyester and I just don't do poly sleepwear. I'm okay with a knit or a woven. Of course, having it be darling would help! LOL!

karin4
03-02-2005, 10:55 PM
I used to buy Sara's Prints nightgowns for my oldest daughter. CWD usually has a selection, and I sometimes see them at TJ Maxx as well. I liked them a lot. They're cute, soft, 100% cotton knit-- but they run quite small (at least they used too... haven't bought any in a few years). I used to size up 2 sizes.
http://www.sarasprints.com/

Phoebe
03-03-2005, 12:30 AM
I bought Daisy a really cute pink floral nightgown from baby Gap at the holidays. I think it was probably a poly cotton blend. (I'd check, but she's wearing it, asleep in bed.)

Do you sew? If so, you could make some. I've been wanting to make the kids some sleepwear since there is such cute 100% cotton material available, but I just haven't had the time lately.

Mary
Daisy 4/01
Owen 6/03

egoldber
03-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Gymbo does have 100% cotton nightgowns as well, although they are treated with the flame retardant chemicals if that concerns you.

We also have one from Nordstrom.

I have been eyeing the Sara's Print ones, but honestly can't bring myself to spend that much money for a nightgown for her!

ETA: Actally I think that by law any 100% cotton nightgown is going to be treated with flame retardant chemicals.

mykidzmom
03-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Sara's Prints from CWD was my suggestion too! :)

kaitlinsmommy
03-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Kaitlin loves her Sara's Prints nightgown & I've been going nuts trying to find another one at a decent price. I got mine at Campmor.com last year for $13 but now they only have one left in a size 2. I might break down and order a cat one from Company Kids. She also has one from Gap but she won't wear it and I don't know if it's because it's not cotton or she doesn't like the style so now I'm sticking with cotton too. BTW - the size 3 fits her very well and she's 36".

shishamo
03-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Mini Boden has an absolutely gorgeous one that's 100% cotton. I personally can't spend that much for a nightgown ($40), but it sure is cute!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22419.jpg