PDA

View Full Version : Hanna short johns + sizing question

Vajrastorm
03-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Right now Aine is wearing a size 80 in Hanna. The 80's are roomy but not ridiculous. Last ped appointment she was 32.5 inches tall, and she seems to have grown since then so I would guess she's 33 inches or so.

I'm considering short johns for the summer. Should I order 80's or can I get away with 90's? I suppose it all comes down to the waist. I figure short johns can be a little big and still work. If I'm going to spend the $ on short johns I'd like them to last more than one season.

Anyone with short john experience?

macassi
03-03-2005, 12:05 AM
I have found that short johns are just as accomodating as other Hanna clothes : - ) Seriously, you can definitely size up more in short johns than long johns and I had my kids where a size bigger in short johns before they did in long johns. As a result, one pair lasted the same child 3 years! They start out, obviously, very baggy, and end up being somewhat tight fitting -- but they seem to work both ways. Because the waist is elastic, it and the shorts aren't "heavy" I never had issues with the larger size not staying up -- and my oldest is definitely thinner than fatter, so I would have had a problem if anyone were to have one. So my very long answer is to go ahead and get the 90s if you are thinking about it.

westchicagomom
03-03-2005, 12:32 AM
My DD was 33 inches at our appt in January. I originally had bought 80's for this summer, but exchanged many of them for 90's. W/ short johns I would definitely get 90's. There is a big difference between 80's and 90's in Hannas, but you can always tuck in the top if the waist is a little too big. I love their short johns!

zuzu
03-03-2005, 06:59 AM
Another vote for the 90s. I just compared the waist on a pair of unwashed 90s short johns to a pair of washed 80s, and the 90s are only about a half inch bigger. That difference may even disappear or become less in the wash. Even though Sarah still has plenty of room in her other 80s, we're going with 90s short jonhs for the summer.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)