PDA

View Full Version : Keedo!

AvasMama
03-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Ava and I took our first trip to Keedo today. If you haven't heard of it (and I hadn't until a few months ago), it's a South African brand that's pretty similar to Naartjie. In fact, I was surprised at just how similar they are! There was nowhere near as much selection, but what they did have was really adorable.

We went to look for a gift for a friend's son, but I didn't like any of the boy clothing. I couldn't resist trying out something for Ava though since we're such big Naartjie fans.

This is a dress/capri set in size 1-2 years. It fits well now, but has plenty of room for growth as the capris are full-length on her. I LOVE this -- it's so girly and pretty!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22422.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22423.jpg

Robyn & Ava

dowlinal
03-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Ava looks so pretty in that outfit!! I cannot afford to fall in love with another brand. You already go me hooked on Naartjie!!

So, how does someone who doesn't live near a store buy Keedo?

A

momtoemma
03-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Keedo has become one of my recent addictions. It's very dangerous to shop there! Ava looks precious in this capri set. We have it in orange, and I can hardly wait until it gets warm enough to wear it! It is quite similar to Naartjie but more expensive. It's somewhat difficult to shop Keedo if you don't have a store near you because so far, I haven't found much in the way of photos on the web. The stores I've talked to are happy to mail order, but it's hard to know what you are ordering unless you've seen specific items. Happy shopping!

AvasMama
03-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Alexis,

I don't know that you can buy them as there is no way to see the clothes online like with Naartjie. The SA mentioned that they will do phone orders, but do people know what to order?

I suppose I could always pick stuff up for you and send it if you get desperate... not that I want to enable a new addiction given that I am already to blame for your Naartjie obsession! ;)

Robyn & Ava

dules
03-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Is there a list of stores somewhere online? I'd be curious to know if there's one near me or near my family.

Very cute dress set!

There's quite a bit of it on eBay, I guess that might be one way to try it...

Best,
Mary

AvasMama
03-03-2005, 10:07 PM
http://www.keedousa.com/Stores.asp

They also have Keedo representatives that will do orders. I just saw that! I would love to do that, but given that there are two stores nearby, I guess it wouldn't make sense.

Robyn & Ava

bonbon98
03-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Too cute - I absolutely love the outfit! How are the prices - what are they comparable to (Naartjie, Hanna, Gymbo)? There is a store 30 minutes away from me - woo hoo!! I might have to go check them out!

Bonny
Mom to Evan & Emma 5/7/02

lrucci
03-03-2005, 10:49 PM
What a cute outfit! I love the color and the capris are adorable.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

papal
03-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Hey Robyn! Looks like you had a successful trip to Keedo and got the polka dotted dress! It is adorable on Miss Ava! So cute!

dowlinal
03-04-2005, 12:51 AM
There are no stores or reps in my area. I am really tempted to look into become a rep when I stop working in September. I bet you get a great discount.

Since I bought that first Naartjie from you I have placed two orders from the store AND bought 3 outfits from e-bay and another 2 from the Naartjie loop. The only thing that I'm not keeping is a NWT boho dress in raspberry that I got for the fall because the color looks bad on Madeline. I'm going to need a 12-step program soon.

AvasMama
03-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Prices are higher than Naartjie, similar to Hanna. This set was about $50; the swing top sets they had were like $38 or $40. Definitely not a place we'll be getting lots of outfits, but the "look" is so distinctive that I think more than one or two a season would be overkill, you know? Especially since they don't seem to have lines like Naartjie does, just 4 seasonal collections.

Robyn & Ava

jk3
03-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Ava looks so cute in that set. The color is so vivid.

I'm surprsed you didn't like any of the boys' clothing. The pictures I've seen have been pretty cute.

Hopefully, Keedo + Naartjie will expand on the East Coast!!!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

parkersmama
03-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Wow! That is gorgeous!!! Ava looks so great in that color and the outfit is so eyecatching! I love it. And I do *not* need another addiction. ;)

sugarsnappea
03-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Oh Robyn, I love it. Ava looks so scrumptious in her new duds. I may have a new obsession- Keedo!! :)

writeleigh
03-04-2005, 08:46 AM
OMG, I absolutely love, love, love that outfit. And that color is great on her. All of your posts make me long for a second child who is a girl (and I've never had a gender preference before LOL).

papal
03-04-2005, 09:01 AM
A Keedo rep! You go girl!!
Madeline will be the best dressed child on the block in her Naartjies and Keedos.
Love the Keedo but it is a bit $$ for my blood.. love the sales though! :)

Andrea S
03-04-2005, 09:37 AM
I love that outfit. Ava is too cute.

Were you looking at the toddlers boys? There is a rep that lives in my city maybe I will check it out.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

heidi_timms
03-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Ava looks so cute in her new Keedo. What a pretty color and I love the styling. Gosh, I wish we had a Keedo store near us!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

robmab719
03-04-2005, 11:03 AM
OMG! I love that outfit! The color is great and I love the style. Kind of like "Hanna meets Mini Boden."

I just emailed the rep in my city to see about placing an order. Another addiction to add to my list.

jennifer_r
03-04-2005, 11:06 AM
A few days ago I saw Robyn mention Keedo and that made me curious; I went online (and the clothes look ALOT like Naartjie) and saw that you can contact an agent in your area. I have two relatively close to me; I contacted the closer one via email (listed on the site) and she says I can either shop at her home or thru shows (craft fairs, street fairs or other organization run events). The one that she'll be hosting in my town, I'll be away at the time :( I guess that if anyone is truly interested in Keedo, you can find your local agents' email info on their website.

Funny, I also thought what fun it would be to be a rep!

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif[/url] 6 months and counting!

MaddiesMommy
03-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Just to let all of you know, there is a Keedo store in MA. I'm not sure why it isn't listed on their website, but I found it listed on Switchboard.com. Here's their info:
Keedo Clothing
1660 Washington St
Holliston, MA 01746-2240
Phone: (508) 429-1990

A relative of mine bought my dd an adorable Keedo outfit last year when she was born. I remember her saying that the store has crazy hours and it's best to call ahead before going just to make sure they are open. I haven't been there yet for fear of becoming too addicted, although I would love to get her an outfit for spring. I love the outfit that Ava has. She looks so cute in it.

HTH!

Janine

Edited to add:
I just noticed that this store is listed under the Agents list. I originally didn't notice it b/c it's listed under Boston. Sorry! I guess that would explain the crazy hours. :)

friedmana1
03-04-2005, 11:38 AM
You EVIL, EVIL woman!!!!! :) I have been eyeing some keedo stuff for a few months now, but don't live anywhere near a store. I did not know that they had reps, so that is interesting... Ava looks stunning as usual, but this outfit is truly something special. I would return the GAP stuff and keep this.

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

kcimato
03-04-2005, 04:48 PM
I've actually bought some Keedo things for my Grandsons and found it reaaly cute. Bought one outfit for my Grand D and did not like the looks of it on her. I feel that it is very expensive and find Naartjie cuter and cheaper.Also they only seem to have one style but just different colors.

AvasMama
03-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Sorry you're not a big fan. I really like it and am excited to have another cute, unique brand to shop from in addition to Naartjie, Hanna, and J&J, which combined, currently make up 95% of Ava's wardrobe. We definitely need more variety.

Robyn & Ava

zuzu
03-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Wow! Ava looks great in that outfit - the color, the style, everything. I'm going to have to check out Keedo one of these days.

Thanks for sharing!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

HoneymoonBaby
03-07-2005, 09:39 PM
That dress is TOO adorable!

ETA: Oh, man, just checked out the boys' clothing pics -- I may have to make a trip to Alexandria sometime soon to see this in person!

tigalig
03-07-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm going to stay away. . . I'm going to stay away. . . I'm going to stay away...

: )