PDA

View Full Version : Baby Gap Dresses -- Opinions?

AvasMama
03-03-2005, 09:20 PM
I got the Baby Gap ribbon dress and hat -- very cute! What do you guys think? I really like it, but I am really liking *everything* these days and I have to pare it down!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22427.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22428.jpg

Also, they sent this dress by mistake. I really didn't like it online or even when it arrived here, but I tried it on Ava just for fun and it's really adorable! It's hard to tell here, but it kind of puffs out at the waist, which is so cute. The only thing is that it fits well now so if I keep it, I am thinking I need to size up for summer.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22429.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22430.jpg

Robyn & Ava

macassi
03-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Love the ribbon dress and hat. She's adorable! I'm not normally a fan of white for babies (because mine are so fair) but love it on Ava.

The second dress doesn't do as much for me, but I'm not sure you'd need to size up. It look like she has plenty of room in the bodice and waist and it's pretty long. I don't think her chest measurements will change much in the next few months, and she has no sleeve length to worry about!

momtoemma
03-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Robyn,

Both dresses are adorable on Ava, but I am more fond of the white ribbon dress. It is absolutely precious!

lmladuke
03-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Robyn:

I think the ribbon dress is really cute and looks adorable on Ava - then again, everything does! As for the second dress, I don't love it. I think the colors look good on Ava, but honestly, the fact that the stripes in the top and on the skirt don't line up and match would bug me - maybe that's the way it is supposed to be, but it would drive me crazy.

Just think - if you return it - that is one more outfit you get to buy :)

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

AvasMama
03-03-2005, 10:12 PM
You know, I didn't notice the stripes not lining up when she was wearing it, but when I looked at the pics, it bugged me too. Hard to explain, but it looks fine IRL. I will probably return it anyway, though -- it's just too similar in style and colors (but not as cute) to other things we have.

Robyn & Ava

firsttimemommy
03-03-2005, 10:31 PM
I love them both! It's so hard to "scale down" with girls, isn't it??? Ava looks just precious in both and I actually really like the second dress - but maybe because it fits her so well right now :)

But the hat with the first just "completes" the outfit, so if I HAD to choose, I guess I would pick that one!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - DD 1/03 and DS 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

lrucci
03-03-2005, 10:54 PM
The ribbon dress is really really pretty on Ava. I like the striped dress better now that I see it on Ava, but it's not my favorite on her. So if you are trying to scale down a bit on her expanding wardrobe, I'd take this back. There are still many more things to come out before summer comes. :)

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

papal
03-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Too cute!
I concur with the others, the 2nd dress is cute but the lines not lining up would bother me.. also, it is matching the crib skirt. ;)
I like the first dress but don't LOVE it. The arm holes appear too big? And compared to the bright pink happiness of the Keedo, the white is just not doing it for me. :(
But Miss Ava is as cute as a button!

ktdid74
03-04-2005, 07:39 AM
I love the first one and think the 2nd is cute. The non-matching lines don't bother me, kind of breaks up the dress. I didn't see either at BG yesterday! I bought DD a pink gingham dress for easter/birthday pics (at full price *gasp*)- BG has some really cute stuff right now!
Anyway, I'd keep both dresses! They look perfect for summer!

parkersmama
03-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Robyn, as usual, Ava is a doll! :)

The dresses are both cute but I don't think either of them is my favorite on her. I've seen her in so many things that are cuter. To me, both the dresses poof out at the waist and it bugs me for some reason??? I do think the colors are very pretty and summer and the hat is very sweet! And I'm LOL about the dress matching the bedskirt! :D

squimp
03-04-2005, 03:25 PM
I have to agree with Rashmi - they are both cute, but I think the bright colors are better than pale. Ava is just turning into such a lovely little girl. I love her pink room!

Ava looks just so so gorgeous in that bright pink Keedo, I cannot get over it. I am both envious and delighted that I don't have Keedo near me ;). You should get more Keedo (is it like Speedo? LOL) - and of course post more pictures to keep us envious and delighted!

AvasMama
03-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks for your opinions -- in the end, I decided to return both dresses. I am trying hard to only buy/keep what I truly love. That is the only way I remotely have a chance to keep the clothes buying under control.

With that in mind, I went through the closet yesterday and tried to be ruthless! I ended up with three bags of stuff to return!

Robyn & Ava

jfmiller
03-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi Robyn -

I am still envious over your recent post of GAP outlet and J&J finds. If you are thinking of returning the POE outfit from J&J OR the GAP outfit with the $7 shirt, I would LOVE to take them off your hands. I think our daughters are similar in size (mine is a little stockier, though). If you are interested, let me know the sizes, etc. Just trying to help out your closet and mine!

Thanks,
Jennifer
Proud SAHM to Graham (1/02) and Genevieve (4/04)

AvasMama
03-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Sorry! Those two outfits are staying. They are just too cute! I am returning the two Gap dresses, the J&J Flowing Brilliance onesie and overalls, and some misc. Gymbo.

Robyn & Ava

jfmiller
03-05-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't blame you, those two are TDF, that's why I asked! Keep those pics of little Ava coming!

Jennifer

lrucci
03-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Just curious as to what made you decide to return the FB overalls and onesie? Ava looked so cute in them, though she looks adorable in anything she wears.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

tigalig
03-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Oh no... I was just going to vote that you keep the first (ribbon trim) dress so that we can continue dressing Mia and Ava in similar clothes. : ) I just love white for spring and summer. I refuse to look at my roster and I'm actually starting to trade clothes out of her closet now to make room for the new stuff that I GOTTA have. For instance, the flower cutout dress from Gymboree's Spring Fun line caught my eye IRL and I just ordered it last night (with no Gymbucks yet). BTW do all of the retail salesclerks know you? I thought of you the other day when I went into the Gap with DH and two of them came out from behind the counter to greet me and tell me about a store that's closing in town. I was almost embarrassed and then thought, "surely this happens to someone other than me." Your name was first on my list! LOL

AvasMama
03-05-2005, 10:24 PM
I know, I know. I really love them, but I am concerned with the fit. The length is fine and has plenty of growing room, but they only just fit in the torso. So I am worried they will be too tight for spring and if I size up to 12-18, they will be way too long.

So now what to do? I think I may get the blue capris and tee set after all since I really love the blue floral print. I am going to wait to see the new line, though, so I can plan out my buying strategy :)

Robyn & Ava

AvasMama
03-05-2005, 10:33 PM
I like white too, but Ava has a couple of white-background dresses already so I am trying to diversify :) My mom bought her the most stunning white dress with subtle Belgian lace detailing when she went to Belgium last summer that I bet you would love! I am planning to do 18-month pics in it. It is just such a simple classic dress.

Believe it or not, aside from the J&J in Birmingham, none of the salespeople know me. I actually order most stuff online -- even J&J, Gymbo & Gap -- and of course a lot of Ava's clothes are Hanna and Naartjie so that's all online/phone orders. I know it must seem like I spend a lot of time at the mall, but I really only go once a month at the most, and usually only when new J&J lines come out!

Robyn & Ava

tigalig
03-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Oooh.... I want to see when you have them done. (please) We're doing Mia's 15 month photos in the white eyelet dress from Gymboree's lavender bouquet layette line and I'm ecstatic about it. I actually want to have the photos done at the beach (just an hour away) and I'm trying to convince myself that it's not worth the extra cost, but I think I love the white look the best. I bet your (ahem, Ava's) Belgian lace dress is incredible!

Okay, I'm not telling DH because as soon as he gave me "the look," I justified it thinking of you and others. We have no J&J and that's a good thing for his wallet. : )

lrucci
03-06-2005, 12:07 AM
I totally understand your dilemma. I really want to buy either the overalls or blue capris because I love the print and Kyleigh looks so good in blue. Luckily, spring is right around the corner so I don't have to "guess" much anymore and hopefully I can find something that fits.

I am anxiously awaiting the new lines. How many more hours do we have to wait? lol!

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03