PDA

View Full Version : Hanna clothes for baby to be born in September

ILoveLT
03-04-2005, 12:02 PM
I want to buy some Love a Bug Hannas and zippers from the Hanna outlet for a friend who is giving birth in September. What size should I get? I'm thinking 60s and 70s because I got a lot more use out of the bigger clothes. Also, should I buy her a zipper in 70 or 80? The zippers don't have feet, and I prefer the ones with feet until the baby starts to walk.

Which outlet should I call?

Do the outlets have winter pilot caps?

Thanks!

Rita

meshell
03-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Rita:

Try calling around to the different outlets...I posted in another thread that the LAB fleece jackets are only $15 at the Lake Oswego store, but another poster said the CS rep told her they were still $30 at the Kittery outlet.

BTW, out baby isn't here yet, but I have the LAB fleece jacket in a size 70. It seems huge! And the cuffs arms have pretty long sleeves to roll up or down. I'm thinking a 60 may be ok, but I'm not sure since I haven't had any real-life experience (yet) with Hanna sizes!

macassi
03-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, Abbie was born in September, and her first Hanna's were a 60. Oops -- she actually had a short sleeve playdress that I got cheap that was a 50, but her first zipper which she wore most of the winter was a 60. I think the 60s would last the baby at least until Spring. Abbie was 8-8 at birth.

ILoveLT
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Michelle:

It was me who called the Kittery store. The guy said they were getting busy so he wasn't in the mood to help. I will call another store.

We have the LAB fleece jacket in 80 and it is still big on DD who is 13 months old (and she is in the 98% for height and wears 18-24 months). But that's good because it means I don't have to buy another jacket for a long time. We get a lot of use out of the LAB jacket because it is warm enough to bring her from the house to the car even in winter yet thin enough for the car seat.

In my experience, I appreciated the bigger clothes because our baby grew so fast she outgrew the small clothes right away.

Good luck with the new baby. It's good that you are preparing now. When I was pregnant with our first child, I didn't do much preparation and I panicked once the baby was born.

Rita

shishamo
03-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Get size 60s and 70s.
My #3 was born on 10/12/04, 7lbs 9oz, and we've been wearing zoo pals 60 jacket for the last few months. I'm actually not too crazy about them for this age group, it just doesn't seem to fit as well...it's something that's great for 1-3 year olds, IMO (I have an older style in size 70, 80, and 90 used by my older ones). I had some 50 zippers but I didn't use them as much...I like the ones with feet better when they are still teeny-tiny. 60 zippers are good, and 70 zippers are even better. She's 15 lbs 25" now and wears both 60s and 70s.