PDA

View Full Version : See Kai Run Shoes--I am sorry I know I shouldn't bother this board about this

patricksmom
03-04-2005, 02:36 PM
I just have a concern about the See Kai Run shoe size for the coop but I don't think my post on the coop is going to get anwered in time for me to order so I thought I would come bug any of you over here for a possible answer.

My ds is 10 months but he is a little guy (about 17.5 lbs) and his
feet are petite too. I measured them last night and they are about
10.5 cm. He currently wears a 18 in preschoolians and a 6-12 month in robeez (with quite some room to grow). I was really
wanting to order a pair of the danny sandles for the summer and then
maybe a pair of the devon's for the fall. It looks like the smallest
size the danny comes in is 3 1/2. Is that right? Do you think they
will fit ok for this summer. They might still be a little big on him
but at least that will give him room to grow in them. Then for the
devon should I order a 4?

Thanks for any help..they are so cute I can't pass them up but just
wondering if my little bitty guy will be able to fit in them.

Shannon

mom2aidan
03-04-2005, 03:20 PM
My DS is 9 months and he wears 6-12 Robeez. I ordered a size 3.5 in Danny and a Kaikai in size 4. His feet is about 4 inches, also small.The shoes on their way to me so when I get it I'll post the pics and info on the coop message board.

gour0
03-04-2005, 05:22 PM
You can always wait until next week's order. Then , we should have more sizing reports from people getting their shoes.

SJ mom
03-04-2005, 05:25 PM
I am so glad You asked this question. I was thinking of the same questions and I am in the same boat.

jec2
03-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Shannon,

I ordered the Danny for Finn, (16 months and petite too--about 22 lbs and still wears his 6-12 mo. robeez). I measured his foot, and came up with about 4 3/4". I want his sandal to fit this summer and into fall so I rounded up and ordered a 4. I figured that where I live, So. Cal., if they were too big he'd get to wear them eventually. Our climate is fairly moderate and we can *almost* wear sandals year-round so there isn't too much problem if wind up fitting sometime next winter.

mom2lukas
03-05-2005, 08:31 PM
hi there!
i'm new to this forum (been spending my free time at the diaper bag forum and forgot there are other things besides, well, diaper bags!). i was wondering if i could get more info on the see kai run coop. am i able to participate? any info would be appreciated!
tia,
joey :)

sweetbasil
03-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Hi, Joey~
Here's a link to the thread w/more information (located in the co-op forum), and the requirements to join the current co-op:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=173&topic_id=10&mesg_id=10&page=

We have several of the details worked out, so come and join! All members in good standing with three months AND 25 posts are welcome to participate. Hopefully, we will be able to offer this again in three months for people who are becoming members now.

HTH,

mom2lukas
03-06-2005, 03:30 PM
hi julie!
thanks so much for the info! although i don't think i can participate yet bc i don't yet meet the requirements! i've actually been a lurker even before my son was born (he's now 9.5 months), but i've only actually started posting recently... i guess in another month or so!
thanks again,
joey :)

gour0
03-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Hopefully, we will be right in the middle of a second round of the coop on April 23rd, so hope to see you then!

patricksmom
03-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks ladies for your help.

Juliet---Let me know how the size 4 fits Finn.

I will wait until the last week of this coop so I can find out how the shoes fit everyones feet. I might even wait until the April coop (hoping all goes well and they have one) because I beleive someone said that they will have new sizes then and possibly a smaller fitting Danny. I hope anyway.

They just look so darn cute.

Thank you

gotmilk
03-09-2005, 01:17 AM
The Kai shoes co-op has finally given me the push to register on the boards. I've been lurking for about a year now but never signed up. I just hope this co-op is still alive this summer because these shoes are oh so cute! Is the general co-op board fairly new? I don't remember reading about it before.

Thanks,

Tricia

(Mother to Nathan, 8 months old)

gour0
03-09-2005, 07:25 AM
The coop forum is new since December. Before then, coops have just been discussed wherever they cropped up.

momceecers
03-09-2005, 02:57 PM
I am so glad to hear about the April Co-op. I have a ways to go, but plenty of time to do it. When is the April co-op running?

Cindy

gour0
03-09-2005, 03:36 PM
We don't know if it is. We have already had some resistance from SKR. I'm just not sure they are willing to work with us, which doesn't make any sense to me. I guess they have been following these threads very closely and are getting too much demand outside the coop to fill our order. We have already had to change the way we were submitting our orders and the turn around time is not nearly what we had originally intended. So, this may end up a one shot deal with us. We don't know.

cause
03-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Hi, everybody,

I'm Cause Haun, the owner of See Kai Run. This is my first time posting on any message board - so hopefully it will work!

I just wanted to respond to the last post and apologize to the coop group. See Kai Run is ESCTATIC and very flattered that so many of you are going in on a coop and that you like our shoes!! I think we may have appeared to be resistant because we are currently experiencing a shortage in our shoes! Most notably the Danny and Devon.

We are in between large shipments of our shoes from the factory. We did order a small fill-in order to accommodate the unexpected demand for the Devon, Danny, and Sierra. That order was for stores that placed orders weeks ago. Some shoes were left over to fill coop orders. In anticipation of this possible coop, we placed another fill-in order that is due to arrive any day. Unfortunately, even with that, we aren't able to fill most of the coop orders, because in the meantime others sent in orders ahead of the coop. We asked the boutique owner to encourage the coop to place your order asap - to get in line for the remaining shoes.

We are really trying to fill as many coop orders as we can while being fair to customers who placed orders ahead of the coop. We will have plenty 'o shoes come April 15th! I hope it's not too long for you all to wait!

Also, once we receive an order from a store, we ship out within 2 business days (usually sooner) using UPS Ground. The store can always choose a faster service for an additional cost.

I sure hope this helps answer any questions. Again, thank you all for trying out See Kai Run shoes. We are so happy to soon be on the feet of little ones' across the country!!! :) :)

Warm regards,
Cause Haun
See Kai Run

>We don't know if it is. We have already had some resistance
>from SKR. I'm just not sure they are willing to work with us,
>which doesn't make any sense to me. I guess they have been
>following these threads very closely and are getting too much
>demand outside the coop to fill our order. We have already
>had to change the way we were submitting our orders and the
>turn around time is not nearly what we had originally
>intended. So, this may end up a one shot deal with us. We
>don't know.