PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie in canary!

parkersmama
03-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Our skirt outfit (like Eva's!) arrived today and AG let me snap a couple of pictures. I really like it and I'm glad that I went ahead and tried the canary color. I think it looks pretty good on her after all. What do y'all think? This whole outfit is size 3 (notice that the big girl top has the bows at the shoulders).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/20050304002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/20050304006.jpg

And here's the canary butterfly pants with the clear lace tank like we talked about (please ignore the paci, the hair, and the background!! LOL!):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/20050304009.jpg

papal
03-04-2005, 11:36 PM
That first picture is so cute.. where AG is hugging the doll! :)
Ok, now, you know I love you Denise and you know I think AJ is a cutie-pie, so I will be honest with you. :)
I LOVE the canary striped pants but the butterfly top and skirt do nothing for me. I don't like the top fits and I don't like how the top has the same print as the skirt. I get that Naartjie is all mix and match and maybe if the skirt had been all dots, it would have worked, but this is just not working for me.
Maybe with a solid essential tee in the red-maroon colour of the stripes?? Not sure.
Not loving the butterfly pants either. That lace top is cute though!
Don't kill me.. i would rather be honest than lie to you! :)

lmladuke
03-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Denise:

I'm sort of on the fence about these too. I have seen so many great pics of Amy Grace in her Naartjie, but I don't love these outfits. I really like the canary color on AG (and her faces are too precious for words in these pics!) But I am not crazy about the butterfly tee/skirt combo. THe pants are cute though. I do love the stripe pants though!

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

MariFP
03-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Oh I love this color!! It is my favorite. It looks great on her!

supersparkee
03-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Denise - First I just wanted to say that I think the outfit is adorable. I also think the skirt may look cute with your second outfit posted (solid clear top with canary print capris). And the first outfit would also look cute even without the skirt. So many mix/match options!

When I first put a skirt on Eva, I thought it looked a little strange because of the toddler belly poking over the top. But I initially had the skirt so the band was below her belly - when I hiked it up to her waist, I liked it better.

Question for you about the size 3 capris. I noticed you got several capris in size 3 and the fit looks great! They actually fit AG as capris and not pants! Have you compared them to the 2T or 18-24 in the same styles? The reason I ask is I tried the essential solid ones in size 3 and they are BIG. They are long enough to be pants on Eva and not as fitted as I would like. I got them because I didn't like the "cut" of the baby girl solid capris (and neither did the SA who helped me with my order - she recommended the KG ones). But I got the striped ones in 18-24 and really like how those fit Eva. I want to get a pair of dotted capris and I have heard they run smaller than the solid essential capris. So I don't know what size to get - 18-24, 2T or 3! Any suggestions?

parkersmama
03-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Amy, I saw on GR that you were returning the canary outfit. Did you decide you didn't like the color on Eva or the style? Are you ordering it in a different color? I thought it looked really cute on her (obviously since it made me go buy it myself!! LOL!).

I held up the size 3 striped capris to the 18-24mos ones that we have to check for you. The 18-24 is about 1" wider in the waist and about 1" shorter than the size 3. Weird. Some of the size 3 capris fit AG as capris but some of them don't seem to. I think that the capris from the butterfly line are running a lot shorter (like knee length) than past lines so that's why they seem to hit AG as capris rather than ankle length pants.

supersparkee
03-07-2005, 05:45 PM
It was the color that prompted it since I *love* the style of the outfit, especially the skirt. I have decided to go ahead and exchange the outfit for the same thing in clear but with the dotted capris instead of the solid ones. Two reasons (1) it was too monochromatic/not enough contrast with the solid leggings and that much yellow just seemed to wash out my fair-skinned Eva and (2) that canary skirt might get filthy at daycare and the clear color might hide dirt a little better since it is darker! Plus, I don't like how the solid essential leggings fit at all - I tried both 18-24 BG and 3 KG and really don't care for either of them (especially compared to the striped ones, which fit better)

I thought about keeping just the canary top to pair with the butterfly denim shorts from KG (LOVE those). But then I didn't want to have two of the same shirt! I haven't sent the items back yet and I may still change my mind and keep the canary top and get the outfit with the solid clear lace tank instead.

I just can't decide, LOL!!!