PDA

View Full Version : Maureen...LE question!

parkersmama
03-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Did you order anything for Ellen from Lands' End for summer? What size did you get? I remember that someone who I thought would normally get a 2T ordered a 3T and it fit well (I can't remember who that was...sorry!!). I am realzing (thanks, Marie! LOL!) that AG has lots of dresses and some capris but practically no shorts/tees for summer. Since LE has the cutest stuff right now and good quality at the right price, I want to order some basics from them. So...any sizing advice Maureen or others?? :) TIA!!

vpalmer
03-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Denise,

It was me that ordered the 3T from Land's End and Eva is wearing a 2T. So far Eva has worn 2 pair of capris and the pink tennis dress and they fit great, but there is plenty of growing room as well. We have 3 pair of shorts as well but I have not yet put them on her. They look like they will fit fine though. Eva is about 27 pounds and about 34" tall FYI. I think Maureen ordered the 3T for Ellen as well. I remember asking her right before I placed my order since Ellen and Eva are the exact same size. Come to think of it, I think Amy Grace is about the same size as well. :-)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

dules
03-05-2005, 01:51 PM
I ordered 2Ts for Sophie, who's just going into 18-24 Gymboree now. I am hoping that the Tees don't shrink much or I'll wish I had ordered them even bigger (?!).

The website/catalog don't do justice to how cute these pieces are IRL, though. Great prints and colors!

Best,
Mary

khakismom
03-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Denise, the only thing I ordered for Ellen this year from LE was the orange knit dress, and I got her the 3T and it fits perfectly. I need to order her some basics too (shorts/tees). Kathleen got the khaki shorts from LE (her only pair since she only wants to wear dresses) and they are fabulous! I love them. And they look so cute with the terry tee with the peter pan collar and matching hat. I love that terry tee!!!

Be sure and post pics of what you get! :)

AdoptChina
03-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I ordered boy stuff, but I also got 3T for my guy who is going into Gymbo /Gap 2T. The stuff is a little roomy, but Id rather have that then it be too small (he's also an inch shorter than your girls I think...I havent attempted to measure him as he thinks its a form of child torture lol)

AngelaS
03-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Gabrielle's almost three, but only about 27lbs and 33 inches. She's still in Gymboree's 18/24 mo pants (some are too big!) and 3T shirts.

I got her the knit LE capris and they fit like pants. They're super stinkin' cute w/the coordinating 3/4 sleeve tee, but I should've gotten 2T pants if I wanted them to be true capris. Oops!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22491.jpg

parkersmama
03-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Cute pic of Gabrielle! Love that outfit. :)

Thanks, everyone, for your help! It sounds like I need to go with 3T in tops and dresses (and maybe shorts?) but 2T in pants/capris. I don't think I'm going to order any capris right now because we have several capri outfits and they are really a bit too warm for summers here except in the evenings. So, mostly tops and shorts/skorts (and a couple of dresses!). :D I know we're already reaching our max on dresses but I can't resist. LOL!

I want to get one of the t-shirt dresses and the tennis dress and probably one of the smocked sundresses...now to decide on colors & patterns! Fun, fun!