PDA

View Full Version : Do changing seasons reak havoc in your homes too?

s_gosney
03-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Sheesh. Today was pretty warm again and we're starting to have more warm days, but we're still sure to have coat days too. So, I had to start dragging out some of dd's summer clothing, but we still have all of our winter stuff out too, so no room for the summer stuff yet. What a mess! I resisted the urge to start pulling out all of what I've gotten so far (mostly at the end of last summer), but I really need to take inventory so I know what's left to buy. I've got gymbucks to redeem and need to know if we need play clothes or going out clothes. If only I put so much effort into my wardrobe...

ellies mom
03-06-2005, 05:16 AM
Not so much in the mess sense, but is the "what the heck do I put on her?" sense. All our clothes are either winter clothes or middle of the summer clothes she still fits from last year with a few bought ahead clothes. We don't have any "warm spring day" clothes. I did the inventory a couple of weeks ago, so at least I know what we need. Now to just get it.

Kimberly H
03-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Yes! We had a day in the 70's two weeks ago and I had *nothing* ready for her. I finally got smart and stopped washing everything as soon as I bought it, however I outsmarted myself this time and Mia was overdressed for the day. I washed a couple of warmer weather things for her and feel more prepared now. Of course, it's been too cold, but at least I won't be caught unawares. ;)

parkersmama
03-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Yeah, the change of seasons is usually crazy! We have a couple of months (beginning around now and going until mid-May) where you never quite know what the whether will be and what you'll need to wear. I buy outfits for AG that have long pants & short sleeves and cardies. And the boys start wearing s/s shirts with jeans or other pants. Then the switching in the closets and drawers is a mess, too! I want to be sure to leave enough warm things for those crazy cold days but need to make room for the warm weather stuff, too. We usually end up with stacks of kid clothes on the dining room table for several weeks while I get it all figured out! LOL!

macassi
03-06-2005, 12:15 PM
It doesn't wreak havoc so much with my closet organization as it creates arguments with my boys. Once we have one nice day, they are convinced that they can wear short sleeve shirts and/or shorts every day thereafter. It's always an argument to get them back into long sleeve shirts -- especially my oldest who refuses to wear a jacket, so I feel stronger about making him wear long sleeves on colder days.

writeleigh
03-06-2005, 04:35 PM
In a way, I am kind of happy to have Liam wearing some of his spring/summer things some of the time. I am starting to get bored with much of his winter wardrobe :D