PDA

View Full Version : My *April Challenge* Taking some stuff BACK today!

lotsofjoy
04-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Off to the mall to take some stuff back to Gymboree, Mervyns, and Macy's

Send me self control vibes that I don't turn around and respend the money! * sigh *

lotsofjoy
04-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Took stuff back to Mervyns and Macy's, but the additional 20% off at Gymboree got me. But I didn't spend anywhere near what I was taking back. I got a few socks, and some leggings from some of the older lines. So I think I'm in the clear. ;)

2zeke
04-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Good for you. :-) I'm trying to only buy things I truly love (I'm eyeing the new tie dyed dress and swimsuit at the Gap for my 5 year old -- very cute). Those bargains can be tough to pass up, huh? I have two boxes coming from Gymboree but will only keep our favorites.

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

lotsofjoy
04-14-2005, 01:15 AM
I was starting to feel a little lonely.

I SWEAR I took a shower today! ;)

malie
04-14-2005, 07:31 AM
As long as you came out ahead right? Sometimes I think it would be helpful to have a pair of blinders like they put on horse..with instructions..to look neither right nor left. Of course since the register is rarely in the front of the store you would still have to get through it

trumansmom
04-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Renee-
The reason I didn't respond is part of my weak attempt to at least pretend to take the "April Challenge" is that I'm avoiding this forum!

Good job! Today is DD's birthday, but other than a few presents (and I kept it VERY reasonable) I've been doing pretty well the past week or so. I got off to a rocky start, but have managed to not shop at all for a while. The only way I can do it is to avoid this forum and ebay, and only go to the mall with BOTH kids!

Congratulations on your self control! Now go eat chocolate and celebrate! :P

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

kransden
04-14-2005, 10:02 AM
I think I did pretty good. I got the sandals dd needed and NOTHING extra.

I took back some clothes to the resale shop. I also took some clothes to sell. I got a 4.25 credit, bought a 6.00 gymbo dress and got 24.00 in cash. So I am happy with myself.

I am also rethinking my gymbo COF purchases. Really how much more clothing does my dd really need?

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

Vajrastorm
04-14-2005, 11:46 AM
While not respending $ is great, in my book it doesn't count as new spending. That is how I am approaching the April challange, at least.

There are a couple of things I'd like at Gymboree FOG, but I am not allowing myself to spend "new" money. So I'm fishing through what we have and returning things I don't like as much as what I really want.

2zeke
04-14-2005, 11:03 PM
"I SWEAR I took a shower today!"

LOL, I think a lot of the other April Challengers haven't been around the board as much. That's probably wise on their part. Seeing the pics of the new Naartjie ..... nope, my dd does not need more clothes, my dd does not need more clothes, lol.

Once when I had a bunch of things to return to different stores I got everything together in the car and loaded everyone up. My dh drove me around and waited in the car with the kids with the engine running (this was a couple years back when gas wasn't quite so expensive and it was hot enough to need the a/c) while I ran in to return the items. That kept my browsing to an absolute minimum. In fact, I don't think I bought anything and we must have went to five or six places.

Janice
dd 10/99
ds 4/02

jk3
04-15-2005, 06:21 AM
I agree! I returned some clothing to Gymboree and bought one outfit for my DS. =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png