PDA

View Full Version : MORE shoe questions...I'm sorry!

Judegirl
04-13-2005, 01:42 PM
1 - Are there any B&M stores that carry Robeez? Dd's shoes came today and the 12-18 months seem too big, but the 6-12 months I have in knockoffs are all too small. The poor kid needs shoes NOW and I don't know where to go.

2 - How fast should I expect her feet to grow? Should I return these, or keep them for when she does fit into them (they're SO cute!)? I don't want to hang onto them if she won't fit into them for several more months, or if she'll be in rubber soles by the time she fits into them. They're about an inch beyond her big toe.

Thanks again,
Jude

Mommy to shoeless Riordan

iluvmy2boys
04-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Stride Rite and Nordstrom's both carry Robeez - nordies with a much bigger selection than stride rite.

I just wanted to say that when Holden outgrew his 6-12mo Robeez (at about 10months) that the 12-18month DID seem very big. But his feet grew very quickly and he grew into them within a few weeks-a month..

HTH!

Niki_n_Abby
04-13-2005, 01:59 PM
There is a button on the Robeez site where you can search for retail stores in your area. Several where I live carry them and most Stride Rites carry them.

FWIW, if there is about an inch between her toes and the end of the shoes, that is about right. When they outgrow one size and move to the next, the next ones do seem huge at first, but are actually the right size. Robeez are really just very protective socks basicaly and the room is actually a good thing. It shouldn't hinder her at all.

Niki

dules
04-13-2005, 02:09 PM
I agree...they will sort of "mold" to her foot if you let her wear them around a bit.

Best,
Mary

SAHMommie
04-13-2005, 02:11 PM
When Ethan changed sizes in Robeez I noticed the next size up seemed big for a little bit. Check Nordstrom.com. They have a good selection and free shipping right now on all shoes :)

SAHMommie

squimp
04-13-2005, 03:38 PM
The 12-18 seemed big at first, but DD grew into them really quickly, and most importantly they didn't fall off. I'd definitely keep 'em - Sophia has been walking for almost 6 months and we still wear Robeez a lot, especially around the house.

Judegirl
04-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I guess it's normal for them to be so big, then, so I'll just keep them. They have nearly two inches of room between the pinky toe and the end of the shoe, though, so I hope she grows into them fast!

I did buy them from Nordstroms...it's just that if it's bad for her feet to wear too-big shoes, I wanted to get something smaller right away. I'll keep an eye on how she's walking, I guess.

Thanks,
Jude

egoldber
04-13-2005, 06:43 PM
The great thing about Nordy's is if you decide after she's worn them for awhile that you still don't like them, you can always take them back. Nordstrom's takes ANYTHING back, even worn shoes!!!

Judegirl
04-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Oh, I didn't know that! And I was worried b/c Riordan kept putting them in her mouth today! No problem, then...thanks Beth!