PDA

View Full Version : PICS ADDED! Toddler boy sandal at Nordstrom: great deal

nitaghei
04-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Brown nubuck, modified fisherman style for only $19.95!! And pretty cute, too.

It's Nordstrom's house brand. The sole is pretty flexible - I thought it was comparable to the Stride Rite Guppy. The front is closed. The back has a wide padded strap - so the heel isn't fully enclosed. This is my only major reservation with the shoe. I'm going to try it on DS tonight and see how it works. It also comes in wides, for those mamas who need it. Sizes 5 - 10, I think.

I saw this at the B&M store - and can't find it online. Will try to post a pic tomorrow, if anyone's interested.

Also - Nordstrom has the Guppy in Red/Navy with a touch of green - very nice and bright. I think it's a store exclusive. I got it for DS last year, and I'm actually getting it again - I liked it so much, and so did DS.

Don't have any more details - because I did the Nordstrom run on my lunch hour.

HTH someone!
ETA:
Pics added - scroll down.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

mom2lukas
04-13-2005, 04:43 PM
hey nita,
i'd be interested in seeing a picture please! :) i've been looking for some closed toe sandals like that. i really want the see kai run danny sandal, but they are sold out everywhere. i would like a pair before i go on vacation next week, but if i can't find a pair i like, DS may just have to wear his sneakers the whole time! the see kai run shoes are supposed to be replenished everywhere in may tho.

thanks,
joey :)

LD92599
04-13-2005, 09:08 PM
I will have to run into Nordstrom tomorrow @ lunch! These are the sandels i want for DS for the summer! Thanks for the heads up!

Laura
mom to William

LKibala at optonline dot net

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

nitaghei
04-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Joey,

I'll try for tomorrow! Last night and this morning have been a total disaster, and I didn't get a chance to take a pic. Sorry. :( Do you have a B&M Nordstrom you can get to? They had some other really cute sandals for toddlers and new walkers, too. These are a steal - I don't think I've ever paid so little for any of DS's shoes.

Nita

babymama
04-14-2005, 02:46 PM
We just bought our Guppies for the summer, but I'd love to hear your review as I'm sure we could use a second pair. We wear sandals here well into October, and I'm sure we'll need a new pair by then.

Also great to know about the colorful guppies. I'm gonna check them out.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

nitaghei
04-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Finally, here are the pictures!

We tried them on, and DS loved them. So we're keeping them. :)

Nita

mom2lukas
04-15-2005, 10:17 AM
hi nita!,
thanks for posting the pictures!! :) they are adorable! i was planning on going to nordstrom's yesterday, and was going to tell you not to worry about the pics, but we never made it. ended up having to go to dinner with the in-laws. anyways, i'm going to try and make the trip to nordy sometime this weekend.
thanks again!
joey :)