PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy Gymbo sale items online now?

VenusElon
04-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I want to buy 2 sale outfits and 1 new outfit from Gymbo. When FOG starts next week, it's 30% off the entire purchase right? So for the sale items is it 30% instead of the current 20%, or in addition to, or is it 30% the original price? I was planning on placing an internet order next week, so it would be $100 altogether-will there still be free shipping with FOG? Should I buy everything I want now and then return what I don't like to make sure I get the sale items? Or try to buy everything next week? My local store is very small and does not have the sale items, and may not have the right sizes of the new outfit. They only had 2 Blue Bear Tees in the right size today, and will not put anything on hold until 24 hours before the sale.

TIA,
Venus
Mom to JT (10/02)

2zeke
04-15-2005, 12:47 AM
I think it will be 30% instead of 20%. I'm not sure on the free shipping. Some times they raise the minimum. I know I have gotten my orders in just after midnight before and then noticed after my order went through that they had since changed the free shipping requirements.

I would suggest you order what you want now and order enough to get free shipping. If the items are still there next week during FOG you can reorder them and return the first (I know, a lot of game playing, but this is the way Gymbo sets it up IMO).

Their sizing has been so inconsistent lately for my dd that I'm taking to buying everything in two sizes (so they aren't sold out by the time I realize they don't *really* mean what they say on their size chart). I have a box of returns already that includes those extra items as well as things we've decided we don't *love* (my feeble nod toward the April Challenge).

HTH~

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

kransden
04-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Gymbo plays BIG games with their pricing. So what is on sale right now might be the same or even more next week even with the 30% off. So if you love it - buy it.

What the FOG is good for is any clearance left laying around at the store, and if there is a hot item out of the new line you must have. Since they are doing the additional 20% right now, I think the FOG is going to be a dud for me. I rarely buy items from the new lines.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

neeter
04-16-2005, 06:46 AM
i have a question. i bought items this week that were 20% off. when FOG starts, could i bring my receipt into the store to get the price adjusted to the 30% off? would that work? it would be within a 14-day time limit for price adjustments, but i'm not sure if they would do that. thanks!

nc_hope
04-16-2005, 08:52 AM
Can't tell you for sure whether they'll do a price adjustment for FOG (but I think they will) BUT I'm pretty sure the new time limit for PAs is 7 days. FYI!

neeter
04-16-2005, 05:44 PM
ooohhh that's good to know about the time limit for PA's being 7 days. darn! oh well --- thank you!