PDA

View Full Version : Arggghhh...DD keeps kicking her shoes and socks off!

lmladuke
04-15-2005, 09:59 AM
No matter what I put on her feet, she gets them off in a matter of seconds - first the shoes (or one shoe) then the socks. She gets both her Shoo Shoos and her stride rite crawlers off. I don;t think its because the soles bother her - they are both totally flexible.

She is crawling and pulling up, so she sort of needs something on her feet.

Any ideas??? Do robeez stay on better? Are there socks that stay on? I want to get her sandals and keds for the summer, but honestly it might be a waste of money if she keeps taking them off...

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

mastry
04-15-2005, 10:08 AM
If she's getting the Shoo Shoos off, she will probably be able to get the Robeez off. I wouldn't spend the extra money.

She really doesn't need anything on her feet. Actually, almost everything I've read says barefeet are the best. That's why Robeez and Shoo Shoos are supposed to be so good for new walkers because they are the most like barefeet.

When my DD was crawling and pulling up, I never put anything but socks on her. If it wasn't the middle of winter she would have been bare foot. I only started putting Robeez and Shoo Shoos on her once she started walking a few months ago.

Shoes are cute, but IMO those little chubby feet are way cuter!

heidi_timms
04-15-2005, 10:10 AM
My DD is almost 2 and does this constantly. It drives me nuts, especially when I'm running errands! Each time I get her out of the car, we need to put her shoes and socks on.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

squimp
04-15-2005, 01:15 PM
My DD is still the same way. However, I do suggest trying Robeez. ShooShoos are much wider, and DD could get them off - but she could NEVER get the Robeez off.

I try to stick with tie shoes and buckle shoes with DD for this reason - the velcro ones are such fun for her to take off! But she rarely can remove the tie shoes or buckle shoes.

lmladuke
04-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Jana:

The Shoo Shoos are a bit wide on Katherine - so maybe the Robeez would be better. Its funny, she does not pull them off, she rubs her heels together until they come off - so I wonder if tie shoes will come off easily too??

THanks

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png