PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of (old) Naartjie. Opinions needed!

urbanmama
04-15-2005, 04:26 PM
OK, you ladies have completely sucked me into the Naartjie obsession. Since my last batch of pics here, I've been placing orders, buying from others, etc. But since I'm still new to Naartjie, I'm not sure about some of these combos and need opinions!

If you'll recall, I got Anneliese a MP flower blouse in clear. But the SA paired it with clear eyelet trim knit pants which a lot of you didn't like. Because of that and because the blouse ran small, I sold it to another BBBer. I managed to track down a MP knit tunic in white which looks much better with the pants, I think. When I ordered the tunic from Naartjie, I also ordered a pair of eyelet knit capris for EP in clear. Previously, I paired her white MP blouse with the same capris in ribbon, but some people weren't sure about the combo and the 18-24s were big on her, so I ordered clear in 12-18. Which do you like better?

Then, I was able to find a size 6 MP blouse in fluffy which Susan (AdoptChina) was planning to return. These were the bottoms I tried with that:

But THEN, another BBBer was planning on returning a pair of MP striped fancy pants in fluffy that happened to be A's size. So, I bought those! I can't wait to get them and try them on with the top!

And Heidi (heidis2girls) knew that poor Anneliese didn't have any Spearmint in her wardrobe, so she sold me a set that she was planning to return. The top is a 6 (A's other double ruffle tops are 5s). Does it look okay?

Whew! Buying Naartjie is exhausting! And I think it is so funny and I've been buying and selling all of this stuff with other BBBers. It's like we're all a big sorority passing clothing around!

And one final picture of Anneliese in a new Mini Boden outfit. I really like this. She still looks young and girly, but not too "fussy".

macassi
04-15-2005, 04:48 PM
I don't know the names of colors, so you'll have to bear with me.

Top pictures -- I love the combo on the left (picture with both girls). I think it looks better to match the ribbon and the pants and I'm not so excited about the bright pink, the combo just doesn't do it for me.

Middle pix -- she looks cute in all the combos. There isn't a single one where I would say "whoa who got herself dressed today" My favorite I think is the jeans. They are very cute and different. I think she'd also be able to wear them with a lot of other stuff and into the fall. Second choice I think is the pink then the aqua. Is the top different than the first top? It looks to have more of a pink background, which is why I think it looks cuter with the pink pants.

Love the 3rd outfit and the ice cream outfit. She looks adorable in both -- and comfy.

Thanks for sharing! I actually have a Naartjie near me, but I always go back after I see the kids on RL wearing the clothes and think the stuff looks cuter. I love seeing it on real kids.

karin4
04-15-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm so glad Naartjie is working for you again, Marie. The clear capris look great on both girls-- *love* the white wrap tunic on Anneliese! It's so cute on her, and looks so nice with the capris, much better than the poplin blouse did. I also prefer the clear capris to the ribbon ones with EP's blouse, although the ribbon doesn't look bad.

A's poplin blouse looks good with all three pants you tried it with-- I don't have a favorite, which might be nice. We have the baby girl verion of that blouse in fluffy, too, and have worn it mostly with the denim spot ribbon jeans and basic non-Naartjie khakis.

I like the spearmint outfit on A, and don't think the top looks too big. I must admit, though, that I'm not a huge fan of the all-one-solid-color look, and would probably mix the pieces up with either patterns or another color.

The mini boden outfit is *very* sweet and fun. I like it a lot, especially the pants.

Buffys Mommy
04-15-2005, 07:20 PM
The girls are adorable.

I prefer EP in the blouse with the clear pants. I think it pops the ribbon on the top. Both go, but I like the clear pants better.

On Anneliese I actually like the jeans best, then the clear pants, and then the ribbon color.

I also like her in the spearmint outfit. I don't think it's "too much" in the picture, but like a PP stated, I would probably separate the two if it was in Sarah's wardrobe. I just have a hang up on dressing all one color.

And that mini boden outfit is precious!

Tammie
Momma to Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] 15 months and counting

daniele_ut
04-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Marie,
Your s are just adorable!!! I think that Anneliese looks perfect in all of the combos! The MiniBoden outfit is just too cute! I think that is my favorite.

I like both combos on Ella Paige, but I think that I like the capris in clear better with that top.

Keep the pics coming. I just love seeing the clothes on your s!

daniele_ut
04-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Ok my filter is screwed up. It doesn't seem to like the word g i r l s. Sorry about that!!

khakismom
04-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Marie, as usual the girls are gorgeous! Love the clear bottoms with their tops. And I like the clear best with the MP blouse too. I did not like that color when it first appeared but it has absolutely grown on me. I love it now! ;) And the ice-cream outfit is so sweet and little girly. Very precious!

You can't go wrong with any pics of your beauties! I love seeing their pictures.

urbanmama
04-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks for all of the advice and sweet comments :-) !

OK, I'm sending the ribbon pants back and going with the clear. (In fact, EP wore that set this weekend. I thought she looked adorable!)

A's striped MP fancy pants (in fluffy) are on the way, so I'm anxious to see how it looks with the MP blouse, but I'm glad to know that you all liked some of my other options too. I just love those jeans!

And I might try to nab some spearmint in the new line to mix and match with A's spearmint set.

Thanks again for helping me out!

parkersmama
04-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Wow, wow, wow!!! You really hit on it this time! I love everything!

I love both outfits in the first pic. The M&P wrap shirt looks *much* better with the eyelet capris. And, I'm surprised, but I think I like EPs top better with the clear capris than the ribbon. I guess it's the clear ribbon on the shirt that makes it work better. I like all the combos of A in the M&P blouse but I can already tell you that they will all pale in comparison with the striped pants you've got coming! That top & pants outfits is one of my favorites from this lines. :D I think the spearmint double ruffle outfit is adorable on her. Girly but not frilly.

And, of course, the MiniBoden is terrific! Their clothes are just made for A! She needs to be their model! :)

heidis2girls
04-20-2005, 05:56 AM
Marie! I am very late to respond, but I just had to. Your girls are precious! I love them in their MP outfits with the clear pants, they looks great. I like Anneliese in all of the pants you chose with the blouse - I don't think you can go wrong either way!

Anneliese looks great in the spearmint outfit! I'm glad it worked out for you. I like the all-one-color for certain outfits (like this one), but mixing and matching would look good, too. I tried to do that with the last line but I didn't like the options as well. The tops seemed too casual for the capris and skirts. Hopefully this line will be better for me.

Finally, the MiniBoden outfit is precious! Anneliese is really getting into the modeling! She looks like a professional! Maybe you should get her some work to help you pay for her clothes!!! ;-)

Thank you for sharing your beautiful girls!

urbanmama
04-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks, Denise ;-) . BTW, I got the striped pants and you are right-- the outfit is absolutely adorable. She wore it to the mall the other day and got a ton of compliments!

urbanmama
04-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks again, Heidi! Sorry it took a while to respond. EP is fighting a stomach bug here :-( .

I'm hoping to get a pair of the striped pants in zest to match the spearmint top too. That is, if Naartjie ever gets back to me x( !