PDA

View Full Version : Reality Layette Gurus, Want to help with a sizing question? (pics)

Saartje
04-16-2005, 03:50 PM
I ordered Ishie some Mulberribush outfits. These are 24 months size, and while they fit, I'm not sure how long they'll fit, especially since they haven't been washed yet. Opinions?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24418.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24419.jpg

(Pardon the uncooperative model. ;))

If you think I should exchange this and the other outfits for a larger size, what size should I try? I would have assumed 2T, except that I've read here that there's usually very little difference between 24 months and 2T. Does anyone have experience with Mulberribush 24 months/2T/3T variations? Please keep in mind, if it makes a difference, that he's long-torsoed and wears cloth diapers.

aliceinwonderland
04-16-2005, 05:42 PM
No experience with the brand (so no help), but just wanted to comment on how CUTE Ishie is!!

lrucci
04-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Ishie is adorable. I have only bought one or two Mulberribush outfits so I don't have that much experience with them. The shorts look like they might be a bit big in the waist. If that's the case, I'd be afraid to size up because the next size might just fall right off your little guy. The shirt looks like it fits with some room to grow. His growth should start to slow down and I would say this outfit should last you through the summer. Before you wash them, find out if you can return them after they've been washed, just in case they shrink.

As far as there being a difference between a 24 months and 2T, I can't really say. My dd is just starting to wear 18-24 month, and anything I've bought that is a 2T is huge on her. You could always order the bigger size and see how you like it.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

trumansmom
04-16-2005, 08:37 PM
I don't know about 2T, but my DS wears a 3T in Mulberribush, and they are quite roomy. I would equate them to a 3T in Lands End or Baby Gap. I think they would swallow up your little guy - cloth diaper & all!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

stewmom
04-16-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm not a guru in Mulberribush either, but DS does have several pieces. Unfortunately they are all either 18 months or 2T... He's about 33" tall and 23 pounds at 20 months, long-torso, and the 18 month Mulberribush outfits (washed)fit him well with some extra room. No major shrinkage. I bought ahead some 2T outfits for fall and they look huge, so I'm worried he won't grow into them in the right season. There aren't any 3T's in his closet yet, but if you want me to measure the 2T's I certainly will.

HTH,

Sam (mom to Stewart 8-15-03)