PDA

View Full Version : Janie & Jack: I think the scandalous coconut bikini is gone!!!

MeredithsMom
04-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Am I (not) seeing things, or is the hideous coconut bikini now absent from the J&J site? I went to J&J today with DH and was telling him about it and, when they didn't have it at the store, I told him I just had to show it to him online. I was ultimately able to show him the one posted in the thread here, but when I went to the site it was nowhere to be found.

Am I just missing it? Is it possible that people wrote J&J and expressed how much they didn't like it and they took it away? Or was it so wildly popular (yikes!) that it sold out. I doubt that . . .

LOL

AvasMama
04-17-2005, 05:37 PM
I read on GymboRebel that it was pulled from the floor in the stores (and apparently online too), presumably because people had complained about it. I am honestly not surprised they pulled it, though I was pretty surprised they produced it in the first place. It's totally not in keeping with their image.

Personally I would never put that on my daughter in a million years, but it still seems silly to have such a fuss over it! I can't imagine complaining to a company about a product that just wasn't my taste. I mean, if you don't like it, don't buy it!

Robyn & Ava

MeredithsMom
04-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Robyn--

Good to know that I'm not crazy! I haven't been able to log into Gymborebel at all, no matter what I try. I figured people there would have the scoop.

I too am surprised that they produced it in the first place. ITA that I would never complain to the company; maybe if a sales associate asked my opinion, but other than that I wouldn't.

Thanks for the response!

dules
04-17-2005, 07:10 PM
What about the sex t-shirt? Is that gone too? LOL!

Best,
Mary

stella
04-17-2005, 07:33 PM
which was the sex t-shirt?

AvasMama
04-17-2005, 07:45 PM
It was this one from Flowing Brilliance:
http://a116.g.akamai.net/7/116/2088/infinite/www.janieandjack.com/media/images/products/Additions2005/1000-00866_Image_Main_36d41.jpg

I could totally see how it looked like it said "sex" in this pic, but IRL I couldn't see it at all. It's just a flower :)

Robyn & Ava

Samraelanelevi
04-17-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't see sex? All I see is flowers.

nc_hope
04-17-2005, 09:45 PM
You know what's funny? That's a ~slightly~ DIFFERENT pic than the one that was originally posted here! On the one posted above (which is also the one currently on the J&J website now) I couldn't see it. However on the original one, I immediately saw what could be interpreted as the word 'sex' on the shirt. Here's a link to the original post that contained that pic:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=58934&mode=full

The differences are subtle, but IMO make all the difference in whether or not you see 'sex' when you look at it or not! I wonder if J&J got lots of complaints about that also?!?!

lrucci
04-17-2005, 09:53 PM
I also read that some stores are still selling it, they just have it put away in the back of the store. So if you want to buy it (which I know you really don't) all you have to do is go in the store and ask for it. Though someone mentioned that their store won't even sell it.

I thought the bathing suit was totally not J&J style. I would have never bought it, but I could see how some people wanted to use it for "theme" parties. It's JNMS.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

2zeke
04-17-2005, 10:07 PM
I thought it was beyond adorable ..... for a teddy bear. :-) I would never have put my baby girl in it. I'm sure there are those that would, though. To each his/her own.

Janice
dd 10-99 (thrilled because I finally bought a 2 piece for her - the HA water story suit from last year's line - which she is only allowed to wear at home in the presence of female company. I know, my dh and I are a wee bit on the conservative side.)
ds 4-02

stella
04-17-2005, 10:10 PM
OMG!!!

dowlinal
04-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Ok - I have been avoiding J&J because I've already spent a small fortune on naartjie and keedo. (after seeing Ava's pics I had to try keedo too so Robyn is to blame for both of these obessions)

Can somebody please please post a pic of this bikini. I have this image in my head of those ones they sell in party stores with the luau stuff. Is this really what it looked like?

A

Samraelanelevi
04-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Okay I see it on that one! They must have changed the pic slightly or did some clever editing to erase some of the detailing.

2zeke
04-17-2005, 11:35 PM
See the first post in the thread "New Janie and Jack is up." I bumped it, so it is currently on the first page of this board.

2zeke
04-17-2005, 11:53 PM
I was just looking at the new Tropical Paradise Gymbo line. There is the cutest coconut purse that would have matched that J&J bikini. Too bad. ;-)

Janice

dowlinal
04-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks and wow! BTW the sex shirt and the coconut bikini it makes you wonder if J&J has some disgruntaled employees

A