PDA

View Full Version : Sandal shopping craziness

Mom2Miri
04-18-2005, 02:32 PM
So last year, as a first timer, I went to buy sandals for DD in late April and was told by several stores that I was late. Luckily I found something for her. This year I started in March thinking I was ahead of the game. But the stores were already pretty thin on inventory. So today when I went to pick up the shoes I had them order in for me, I finally asked...when should I be buying sandals? The very nice salesperson said...believe it or not, JANUARY!!! He said it's getting earlier and earlier each year.

So I'm curious, is it just here in CA? When do you start sandal shopping?

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

dules
04-18-2005, 04:53 PM
I looked at Nordstrom's yesterday in NJ (see my rant!) and they had lots of styles. Also StrideRite.com has a good selection in stock, but your post prompted me to take the plunge and order them now, lol!

My local mom and pop owned store did tell someone that they should plan to buy their sandals by the end of April...which is annoying because DD will get the most use out of them in July-August and by then they may be a bit small, grrr.

Best,
Mary

ett
04-18-2005, 09:18 PM
This is my first year buying sandals for DS but since I had also heard that they run out early, I bought him a pair at the Stride Rite outlet last week. I did buy a half size bigger so that it would last the summer. Honestly, I wouldn't know what size sandals to buy in January since we're in MA and don't wear them except for the summer months.

jermak
04-18-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm in the midwest and bought dd's in March at Kohl's where they had a nice selection. I've waited until it's really warm here and "sandal season" and it's too late! I can't imagine buying them in Jan. unless come May they could be returned if they don't fit!

mapg
04-19-2005, 06:22 AM
Dillard's has only recently put out their stock of summer shoes. Of course, that is because they are so slow to mark down seasonal stuff, that they never have room. On the other hand, it is nice to find stuff in season when you actually need it. They also will find the item from another store and mail it to you. My only warning is that the company jerks their sales associates around so much when it comes to benefits, hours, etc., that you may have to be patient due to the fact the SA may be new and may not know about the merchandise search (mid).
Marianne